𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"cal, cal. wake up, please. i can't sleep." you whispered, tapping against the sleeping boy. his bed head was a mess, messy locks of brown curly hair.

"yes, sweetheart?" cal sleepily groaned. he loved his sleep, but you knew he'd do anything for you. he rolled over onto his side, his eyes sleepily staring at you, but a smile creeping onto his face.

"can we go on a walk?" you asked, secretly praying that he'd say yes. cal nodded his head gently and turned out of bed, helping you up on the other side.

he grabbed two jackets from his closet, tossing one over to you. it was your favorite out of all of his jackets, a worn-out black denim jacket, the scent of his cologne sticking to it you began to know all too well.

"what's on your mind?" cal asked, as he held the front door of beverly's house open for you. ladies first, as ben and zeke had always taught him.

"i've been having more and more 828 nightmares. they won't stop. you- you died this time." you said, your voice having a slight shake to it.

"i'm not going anywhere, don't worry." cal replied, pulling you into him with an arm wrapped around your waist. it was cold out, early december in new york. you didn't mind, the fresh air was great to you.

"i really hope not." you mumble, pressing your head against his side. you couldn't even imagine loosing cal, you didn't want to. you could feel cal smiling, even from your spot.

"someone really cares about me, doesn't she?" cal teases, giving you a playful shove. "unfortunately, had to fall for a stone." you reply, sarcastically. you loved the stones, but their eagerness to run towards danger all the time was a little much to handle at times.

the only thing lighting up the streets were the different lamps lining the sidewalks, and the occasional light on from a house down the street.

"i wouldn't rather you had fallen for anyone else. you're mine, my perfect girl." cal said, causing butterflies to errupt in your stomach. you loved it when he called you his girl. it was the name you'd been dreaming he'd call you since the two of you were little kids.

"what'd i miss while you were asleep?" you ask, hinting at him to talk about his dreams. it was one of your favorite things to do with him, each night a different one, good or bad.

cal chuckled and looked down at the pavement, smiling. "i dreamt about you." you joined in, smiling yourself now.

"oh really? what was i doing?" you ask, giving him a playful shove now. it was his turn to be embarrassed. you knew he wouldn't shy away from telling you, either.

"i was uh- down on one knee." cal replied, still looking down at the pavement you were walking on. "go on." you whispered, the smile able to be heard in your voice.

"you said yes. it was a really good dream." cal replied, reaching out to hold your hand. his fingers kept lingering around your ring finger, conicidence or not, you weren't sure.

"ready to head back?" cal asked. the two of you had made it to the end of the block, the same usual routine you'd take on nights like these. a wave of tiredness fell over your body.

you yawned, covering your mouth gently. "only if you carry me." you said sleepily, leaning against his side to hold yourself up.

he complied, carrying you all the way back to your shared bedroom, placing you gently in the warm bed next to him, but not without placing a gentle kiss to your forehead.

"sweet dreams." he whispered lovingly,