𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 || 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

"can you grab me the bag of sugar, honey?" grace asks, pointing to the top shelf of the stone family kitchen as she stirred the cake batter.

"of course." you reply, reaching on your tip toes to grab it. it almost slipped out of your hands before cal came up behind you, catching it from falling all over the place.

you swore you'd never get used to the fact that he was taller than you now, but had aged in the blink of an eye. from 13 to 18 in a matter of seconds.

"there you go." cal smiles, handing you the back gently. grace turned around and rubbing her son on the shoulder. "my sweet boy." she said, lovingly. cal jokingly rolled his eyes and made his way out of the kitchen.

all of the stone's had become like family to you. flight 828 changed your life, for better or for worse? that was up for you to decide.

you handed grace the bag of sugar, watching as she carefully measured out the amount the recipe called for. nobody had ever been able to compare to grace or zeke's cooking, so whenever the opportunity to do it with them granted itself, you immeadiately took the chance.

"hopefully saanvi will like these, i know she's been having a rough time trying to figure out all the stuff with the sapphire." grace says, pouring batter into each cupcake tin as you held the pan straight for her.

"i'm sure she'll love them grace. everyone loves your cooking!" you reply. any morning that you cooked instead of grace or zeke, the whole table filled with complaints. one specific quote from olive one of those morning's stayed with you.

"y/n, you know we love you, but please go ask zeke to make breakfast." she said, pushing the plate forward.

from that day on, you'd been trying to learn whatever tricks you could from grace and zeke on how to cook and bake. you hoped you'd be able to win over the likes of the other stone's.

"the trick is, let the batter rest! that's how they get nice and fluffy!" grace says, pointing a spatula covered in batter at you.

you remember zeke saying the same thing to you only a few morning's ago, trying to make the famous pancakes everyone seemed to adore so much.

"alright, let's try it." you followed the instructions just as grace said, and put the cupcakes in the oven.

she said up a small timer on the counter, waiting for the cupcakes to been done. in the meantime, the two of you worked on the frosting.

"for this, you had to keep the texture right. if it's too thick, it's not good. the same goes if you make it too soft." grace says, showing you how to get the perfect consistency for the buttercream styled frosting.

eventually, the timer went off, startling you as you finished up the frosting. the cupcakes were set to cool, and eventually, the cupcakes looked beautiful.

they had white frosting dolled up in a swirl. it was the one trick you had been able to do without grace's help. you'd always loved frosting them, it was the best part.

the two of you covered the cupcakes in small rainbow sprinkles. they came out looking perfect.

"cal! olive! come down here and try these!" grace called, waiting for the two to make their way into the kitchen. now was the real test, did the twins finally like something you helped cook?

"did y/n touch these?" cal asked cautiously. you rolled your eyes and waved him off with your hand. "just try one!"

both him and olive took a bite at the same time, both of them looking at each other with a clear look of shock written on their faces. "these are actually really good." they both agreed, taking another bite.

you cheered, turning to grace and giving her a high-five. she laughed at your antics. "i'm proud of you!" she said, pulling you into a side hug. she had became like a second mother to you, one you'd forever be grateful for.