𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

the death date had finally arrived, and everything was even crazier than you could have imagined.

no one would've guessed what was to come. that on june 2nd, 2024, flight 828 would reappear fully intact, coming out of a sea of lava and obsidian.

here you were, stepping onto the plane hand in hand with your boyfriend, eagen tehrani. the two of you knew you had both made mistakes, possibly enough to tip the scale. but here you were, praying to whoever might be listening that you could survive, live past this and start a life together with eagen.

everybody sat down in their original seats on the flight, just like we all did 10 years ago. your seat, was 33C. next to eagen tehrani, ironically how you met, 10 years ago. well, it felt like 5 1/2 to you.

"fancy seeing you here." eagen said, giving you a gentle smile as he sat down. those were the same words he said to you as you sat down next to him on the flight the first time you met.

you smiled and held his hand, squeezing it gently three times for 'i love you'. he squeezes your hand four times, 'i love you too'.

bethany, the flight attendant comes over the speakers. "fasten your seatbelts everyone, we're preparing for takeoff. there are seatbelts right?" the sound of buckling filled the cabin. eagen reached over and buckled yours in for you, making sure you were safe.

"if there's someone you pray to, or something. whatever you believe in, or whoever could be there. this is your time to check-in with them." there was an evident look of fear written across bethany's face. no one was ready for this flight to take off, but it was now or never.

"prepare for take-off." bethany said nervously. everybody held on, eagen holding your hand tightly. you both gave each other a look of fear before staring straight ahead.

once the plane was in the sky, flying at a steady altitude, everyone turned to look out their windows. volcano's covered the earth's surface. lava and molten rocks were everywhere. "what's happening?" you whispered to eagan.

"it's the end of the world." ben replied. saanvi agreed. she'd been working on research about the death date for months and all the possibilities that could happen. unfortunately, this phenomenon had gone ahead of science. nothing could've predicted this.

a yelp errupted from a man a few aisles down. it was hector. "my chest, i cant- can't breathe." he was clutching his chest near his heart.  his skin began to crack, and then, he was just ash and dust.

passengers scream. fear arose in the cabin. rumors of "is this going to happen to all of us?" and "are we all gonna die?" fled throughout the aircraft. you looked over to eagen, more fear in your eyes than ever before.

soon, one by one, passengers began to crack and turn to ash. that's when it was your turn. you'd made a lot of mistakes in your life, you knew that. if this was your time to go, it was your time to go.

"no, please." eagen pleaded, clutching tightly to your hand. "she's the only thing that's kept me alive, kept me a better person, to whoever's listening, please don't take her. please don't fucking take her."

he was pleading with whatever god he could, and this was coming from the atheist. slight tears formed in eagen's eyes. he was never a crier, but here we were.

slowly, your skin started to form back to normal. tears of happiness and gratitude fell from your eyes. you were alive, you survived. there was no more worrying about the death date.

you practically jumped into eagen's arms. "we did it." you whispered in his ear happily. eagen pulled back, holding your face in his hands. "i love you. i love you so much." he said happily.

he never says i love you, only on those truly special occasions. it felt amazing when he did. when he said it, you knew he really meant it. here we are, this man just saved your life, the death date, something none of you even thought possible.