𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

author's note: short chapter again but i wanted to get something out for you guys :) enjoy!

you were sitting on your bedroom floor, scrolling through your phone, when your boyfriend, cal knocked on the half open door.

you laid your phone down in your lap and said, "come in."

it was a late night in december, it was practically freezing outside. you could feel it, even from inside the house.

"watcha doing?" he asked, sitting down next to you.

"not much, why? what's up?" he usually only asked what you were doing when he wanted to go out and do something.

"i was thinking... we could go drive around and look at christmas lights?" he asked, reaching for your hand.

"hmm, let me think about it. yes." you said to him with a chuckle.

"yayy" he said, standing up, dragging you up with him.

you walk towards the kitchen, grabbing your car keys, tossing them into cal's hands.

"nice catch." you say to him.

he opens the door for you, waiting for you to step out before locking the door behind him.

you hop into the passenger seat of your car, leaving cal to drive. before he can even get in the car, you're already reaching for the aux cord.

"of course." cal says laughing when he sits down in the drivers seat, seeing you scrolling through spotify for a song.

you settle on "3 am" by matchbox twenty.

"if i hear this song one more time, i think i'm going to loose it." cal jokes, checking the rear view mirrors and backing out of the driveway.

"it is such a good song." you reply.

"mhm. sure." cal replies sarcastically.

you fake an offended look, as cal pulls out of the neighborhood, heading to your favorite one to look at christmas lights.

"look how pretty those ones are!" you say, pointing to a house decked out in decorations.

"it's really pretty." he says smiling, he slides one of his hands over your thigh, the other hand on the wheel.

the two of you continue down the neighborhood, just enjoying each others company and looking at the lights.

"look at that one!" cal says, using his head to nod towards one of the houses.

"it's gorgeous." you say.

he continues down the road slowly when you ask, "can we be one of those houses one day? the ones that go all out?"

it was a simple question, but the meaning behind it made his heart absolutely flutter. the idea of sharing a house with you, decorating together, possibly starting a family. there was nothing he loved more.

"you already know the answer." he says smiling at you, rubbing his thumb back and forth over your thigh.