𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐬 || 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

nothing ever compared to this moments with micheala, sitting on a roof in the middle of new york city, watching the sunset.

"when you look into the sky, you realize that every problem in your life is insignificant to the amount of space and people in the entire world." micheala says, laying her head down against the pavement.

you knew she was specifically referring to the flight, but it applied to all aspects of life. she was right, all you were was a tiny little speck in the grand scheme of the universe.

she stared up at what the two of you called "cotton candy sunsets" these skies were full of mixtures of pinks and blues and the occasional orange hue.

the two of you came up here a lot, to escape the feeling that flight 828 was drowning you all, sucking you all in until the remaining life was drained out of you. that you were all sinking in your lifeboat. that was the one rule, no talk of the flight on the rooftops, micheala always said it ruined the mood.

you laid your head back against the pavement too, your head only a couple inches away from hers.

"do you remember that time we snuck out of the house, a picnic basket and blanket and booked it to the beach to watch the sunrise? your mom thought we were sneaking out for a party, but all we really wanted was to see the sun make it's way over the horizon." you laughed, reminiscing in the memory as you lost yourself in the sky in front of you.

"oh my god, your dad was ready to kill usthat night." mick joins in, laughing along.

you loved sharing memories like this.

you two shared a romance when you were younger, it had always been an on and off thing. right person, wrong time. now definitely wasn't the right time, especially with everything going on with 828.

"do you ever think we could be something again?" you blurted out. the words didn't mean to slip out of your mouth like that, but the sky in front of your eyes seemed to be bringing out all sorts of words and emotions.

"it's all i dream of, after all of this is over. all we have to do is count down the days until june 2nd, 2024. if we survive, we can spend the rest of our lives together." she says, smiling. you roll over, looking straight at her.

you moved a piece of blonde hair away from her face, placing a gentle kiss to her cheek.

"203 days until june 2nd, micheala stone." you whisper in her ear.