To Crush Your Part Part 1

Alya didn't understand. She thought - she believed - that Lila was nice and was a good person. So when Lila said that she was going to "crush Marinette's part", she thought that she meant she would be a great understudy if Marinette couldn't make it.

Or, the school hosts a play to boost their credibility, with Marinette as the lead and Lila as the understudy. Lila said she would crush Marinette's part, not try to crush Marinette.

The school was not doing so well. They learned that their school didn't have much reliability, as one of their students runs after akumas, the same also spreads rumors about another, a particular class has almost every student akumatized at least once and none of the teachers seem to do anything about the reports of bullying. So the school decided to have a student body vote on what they can do to show that their school is better than it seems.

Lila suggested a horror play, with a bit of romance so she can get the female lead and Adrien could get the male lead. Everyone agreed with her, as no one else had any better ideas.

"Ok, so we need a story for the play, roles, and costumes!" Alya listed off. She turned to Marinette, who had her face in her sketchbook. "We need you to make costumes."

Marinette looked up. "Why should I make costumes for a play we haven't even planned out fully yet? It would be a waste of fabric, time, and money. Besides, I might not even try out, and if I make anything I'm charging for it. Only friends get things for free and last time I checked, we aren't friends." Alya looked mad and red in the face. Lila looked as if she was about to cry. Adrien and Bustier looked disappointed.

"Marinette, can I talk to you outside?" Madame Bustier asked, with a fake smile. Alya smirked as Marinette was lead out into the hallway.

"Marinette, I don't know what happened to you, but you need to set an example for your classmates. And you aren't being a very good one, it pains me to say. You need to be there for them, they are your friends." She placed a hand on Marinette's shoulder, which she coldly shook off.

"They are not my friends." Marinette responded coldly.

"See, this is the attitude problem I'm talking about! I think you just need to reconnect with them and you will all get along again!"

"But I don't want to reconnect with them-"

"You WILL reconnect with them, or I will send you to Mr. Damocles for insubordination!" Madame Bustier had lost all her kindness and patience, now with a mission to get her to join the play. She knew Marinette hasn't been seen in the best lighting lately, but overall she was well loved before, which makes her best as a lead! Why she was being so difficult, the teacher would never understand. Miss Bustier smiled again and lead Marinette back into the classroom.

"So Marinette, will you do it?" Lila asked. Everyone looked at her expectantly.

"Still no." Miss Bustier was shocked.

"Marinette, to the principal's office!" She pointed to the door. Marinette left without a fight, eager to get out of the room.

Marinette was going to get expelled, but Damocles decided not to because he didn't want her 2nd expulsion to ruin what's left of the credibility. So, he decided that her punishment was that she had to participate in the play, make costumes for free, and she wasn't allowed to say no to any of Lila's, Alya's, or the rest of the class' demands. Marinette basically is being forced into doing everything, but has to say that others helped her so she wouldn't get all the credit and the school wouldn't be questioned.

When Marinette left the office, Adrien pulled her aside. "This wouldn't have happened if you didn't try to expose Lila." He scolded. He felt bad, but he knew going up against the liar would end badly. "Taking the high road is the best way to go, especially right now." Marinette glared at him and it took all of her energy not to yell at him and risk getting akumatized.