The Blogger's Recklessness

Requested by floralsdust 

Alya faces consequences because of what she posted

Might be short might be long idk

Alya, needless to say, was under extreme pressure right now. She didn't realize how much would change just because of one life-changing post.

It was just revealed that Lila was a liar. That was exposed because of the identity reveal of Hawkmoth. Everything else that occurred was a fallout.

Which is why Alya is now being taken down as well. Since Lila was credited as a liar and every lie she told was publicly shared on her blog, many people were berating the blogger for spreading false information about well-known celebrities.

There were also comments about how she called herself a reporter but didn't even use a valuable source for her information. Those comments brought the girl to tears as she thought of Marinette.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng, her old best friend. The friend she foolishly threw away for a girl with grand stories and tales to share for days. She even provided evidence that Lila was lying. But Alya didn't listen.

Now Alya was left to face the consequences of her failing blog, disappointed parents, and harmful messages all over her social media. The girl did nothing but cry in her room all night.

🍂🍂🍂

Alya looked like she went to hell and back the next school day. She was stared at, shunned, and some people even glared and whispered about her as she walked by to her class. There was no doubt in her mind that some people blamed her for the entire incident in the first place.

She wasn't even the worst one. After walking inside the classroom, Rose was on the verge of collapsing. Her eyes were red from crying, pale from regret, and her hair was sticking up in every which way. The girl wasn't even saying anything, she just sat there in silent shock and disbelief. Alya didn't realize how much the simple post would affect everyone.

Everyone else who believed Lila was in a similar state, but in better shape. There was a little small talk in the class in the vast silence. Alya looked around for Adrien, not noticing that he wasn't there. She tapped on Nino's shoulder, who in turn gave her a tired look.

Their relationship lately had taken a strain. The more lies Lila told, the more skeptical he was, and on top of that Alya asked him to choose between her and Marinette. Their relationship ended by the end of that day. He became even more disappointed when Alya listened to Lila again without thinking of the consequences. He's just tolerating her at this point.

"Do you know where Adrien is?" Alya asked. Nino scoffed. 

"Why? So you can publicly blast him on your blog about being the son of a terrorist?" That stung Alya more than she would have liked. "Besides, he's been pulled from the school. His aunt didn't think it would be safe for him in case anyone tried to attack him." Alya nodded sheepishly and left the DJ alone. 

It was then Alya noticed only half of their class was there. Rose, Nino, Mylene, Ivan, Alix, Max, and Kim were the only ones there. Mrs. Bustier walked in and Alya asked about it. The teacher sighed.

"The rest of the students transferred out. Other students from different classes are going to be pulled to keep the balance in numbers." Mrs. Bustier placed her belongings on her desk, along with a large box. She turned around with a face of sorrow.

"Students, I have an announcement. Because of the recent events that have gone down," Alya felt the looks on her from around the room. "I will no longer be your teacher after today. It will be my last day, so let's try to make it better than it is."