Summer Lies, No Surprise

Lila lies about places that she's going to over the summer. When they return to school the class asks for photos of the amazing places she went and who all she met. Lila forgot about that lie so came unprepared. Marinette however, went to the places Lila lied about and had photos and stories about it.

Cue the lies

I saw Spider-Man Saturday, and Spider-Punk has my heart. Like LORDYYYYYY

The classroom was buzzing with teens talking about where they went over the summer. Some stayed in the city and just hung around while others went as far as going to tropical islands. Lila scoffed at the lack of attention on her and decided to change it.

"Good morning, everyone!" Lila beamed as she walked into the class.

"Morning!" They responded.

"Hey gurl, how was America?" Alya asked. Ah yes, Lila claimed she was going all over the world over the summer to help anywhere she could.

The truth was, however, was that she barely spent a day outside of her room in worry that someone would spot her in her lie.

Lila smiled, knowing she got some attention. "It was great! I tried a hot dog, but I don't really like it. I also-" Marinette ran into the room, seconds before the bell rang.

"Well look who it is, the bully." Alya sneered. Everyone else didn't say anything but glared or ignored her.

"Look who it is, the traitor." Alya's mouth was wide open and Lila sniffled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your friendship." She looked down.

"No gurl, you don't need to apologize-"

"You didn't ruin it. In fact, you made it better. It's no longer toxic." They all looked at Marinette for the first time, and they really saw her.

She was no longer wearing her usual shades of pink and a dark gray blazer. She was wearing a red dress with a black jacket, with combat boots. Her pigtails were also gone, with her hair longer than they remembered flowing a little past her shoulders.

Her new appearance made them realize how much their classmate had changed over one summer.

Adrien walked in, and immediately noticed the silence. He looked around to see them all looking at Marinette, and he saw the outfit.

"Welcome back Mari, I love your outfit. Red is your color." Marinette lightly smiled at him. 

"Thank you, Adrien." Mrs. Bustier walked in as well, and got them to their seats to start working.

Halfway through a class break, Lila started telling stories of where she went all over America. "...I also went to New York and visited a private school I was thinking about applying to after lycée."

"Ooo, what school?" Alya asked, invested and writing down the info. Marinette also perked up, wanting to prove that she was lying. Why would she get accepted into a private school if she can't even do her own work or show up?

"Yeah, what school? Maybe we will be going to the same one." Marinette smirked. Lila stuttered a little but regained her façade. Adrien and Chloe gave her a secret glance, knowing this was what they knew would happen.

You see, recently the three became closer. After Lila got Marinette expelled a few months ago he finally saw that the liar meant to do more harm than good. He immediately apologized and started helping her make a plan to take her down. Chloe also knew she was lying and was itching to put the girl in her place for taking Sabrina away from her. She was able to help Sabrina see the lies and she apologized, but Chloe vowed to make Lila pay. The trio now hangs out everyday, and even invite Kagami and Luka to their hangouts. Kagami and Adrien were dating and so were Luka and Marinette. They also knew about the liar through Adrien and Juleka's rants about her. They both are tired of her lies and wish it would stop. That wish would be fulfilled soon.