The Interview

Someone was sad that they didn't get an interview opportunity, when in reality a competitor switched their numbers and they got it instead. The person gets akumatized and starts interviewing anyone she senses a story about. She ends up interviewing the Akuma Class, and boy was it messy.

Emma Monet was heartbroken. She auditioned for an internship opportunity with Nadja Chamack so she could work her way to becoming a news anchor, but she didn't get a call that she made the cut. Instead, her competitor Louise Dior got it instead.

Emma wasn't mad per say, she was proud of her but she was disappointed. And Louise wasn't the best sport. She would boast that she was the best one out of everyone and would do anything to stay on top. She's been like this for as long as she could remember.

Said girl was now looking towards her with a grin on her face. Emma quickly put on a smile and congratulated her. "I'm so proud of you! Maybe if I try out next time and get it we can be coworkers." Louise laughed. Emma and others didn't see what was so funny. Louise didn't seem to realize she had an audience.

"We'll see if you even stand a chance next year, Monet." Emma tilted her head in confusion.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Do you really think you have what it takes to become a news anchor? If this didn't spell it out, I will: you aren't good enough to make it. It will be better for you to save the embarrassment and just join a new profession. You can always be my apprentice, though." Louise laughed and Emma felt humiliated.

This was another reason why she didn't like Louise. She would also put anyone down that stood in her way. And humiliate them with no shame whatsoever. Emma quickly walked out of the building, not wanting to draw anymore attention to herself. If she stayed longer, she would have seen others defending Emma against Louise's harassment.

Emma ran into an alleyway as tears streamed down her face. She was hoping that Louise would be different than in lycee, but fate proved her wrong. The brunette was so distraught that she didn't see a purple butterfly coming towards her phone. A voice rang out in her head as her tears stopped.

"News Anchoress, I am Hawkmoth. I am giving you the power to make a story out of anyone you choose! In return, I ask that you bring me Ladybug and Cat Noir's miraculous. Do we have a deal?"  (Lemme know if I got that right I attempted to do all of that off memory💀)

Emma smiled, now possessed. "Yes, Hawkmoth." Where Emma once stood was now News Anchoress, ready to prove herself worthy of a news company.

✨✨✨

Marinette was annoyed. It wasn't even lunch yet and she wanted to go home. Lila had been telling lies all morning, and Mrs. Bustier wasn't doing a thing to stop it. Not to mention most of her friends were gone for the week. 

Nathaniel was out of town for a comic convention to try and get more ideas for the comic, Luka and Juleka were away with Jagged at a music festival, Nino was out sick,  and Adrien was out for a modeling gig, but Lila had to stay since they didn't need her today. And everyone else she considered a friend wasn't in Bustier's class. The bluenette wondered if she said she wasn't feeling well she would be let go. 

The akuma alert rang out in the classroom, causing a frenzy. Before the class could even run out, the akuma was standing in their doorway with a smile on her face.

"This is perfect. This is the perfect energy I need!" News Anchoress teleported them into Nadja Chamack's recording studio, where the camera crew attempted to run away. News Anchoress trapped them inside. "I don't want much, just your time. Please be cooperative."