My Shot

WELCOME TO THE SONGFIC SELECTIONNNNNN

Congrats if you made it this far that means I'm doing something right and you are interested :)

Anyways

Another part of the Hamilton song parts

Marinette is hyping herself up for her future, even as Alya's and Lila's worlds crumble.

Lila Redemption, Alya Salt, Class Sugar, Bustier and Damocles Salt, Adrien Sugar

My Shot does not belong to me, it belongs to the glorious Lin-Manuel Miranda for bringing this musical into my life.

I also wrote this one really early so there might be some changes to my song layouts as time progresses😅

Marinette looked around as she got off Chloe's private jet. They were in New York for university, and it was a good change from Paris. Marinette was currently listening to one of her favorite songs from a musical. She loved listening to music that fits her mood.

I am not throwing away my shot!

Hey yo, I'm just like my country

I'm young, scrappy and hungry

And I'm not throwing away my shot!

Chloe was the majority of the reason why they went as far to go to school in America. She said the class wouldn't be able to get to them easily, since there's a large population in the city. Some of their friends were in the city as well, like Luka, Kagami, Aurore, Marc, Nath, Nino, Juleka, and a few others.

I'ma get a scholarship to King's College

I prob'ly shouldn't brag, but dag, I amaze and astonish

The problem is I got a lot of brains but no polish

I gotta holler just to be heard

With every word, I drop knowledge!

Marinette graduated as the top in the class. Her class, dubbed the Akuma Class, thought she cheated her way to the top, mostly Alya. She believed Lila should have gotten the award, with how much she dealt with. 

Mrs. Bustier was proud of her, but Marinette wasn't proud of her teacher. She constantly made her do all the work for the class that she was supposed to be doing. And let's not forget that ridiculous example philosophy. The upcoming designer made sure to place a complaint about her and the principal in their emails before the left.

I'm a diamond in the rough, a shiny piece of coal

Tryin' to reach my goal. My power of speech: unimpeachable

Only nineteen but my mind is older

These New York City streets get colder, I shoulder

New York was different from Paris. The population wasn't the problem, it was just more lively. And the group loved it. It felt like there was alot they could do, and they could actually accomplish their careers here. Luka was a musician, Juleka worked alongside her brother in music and was also a model for Marinette, Marc and Nath were comic book writers and were getting more recognition, Chloe was a businesswoman, Sabrina was studying to become a lawyer, Aurore was working to become a news anchor, Nino was a DJ who was making new music everyone loves, and Marinette was a fashion designer.

Ev'ry burden, ev'ry disadvantage, I have learned to manage

I don't have a gun to brandish, I walk these streets famished