Happy Birthday (Marinette Edition)

Lila's group of devoted followers plot to ruin Marinette's birthday and it backfires in their faces. Felinette cuz why not

It was an important day for Marinette. More specifically, it was her birthday.

Now, she knows good and well with Lila around, the class won't even notice or remember. At least, she didn't think they would.

She could just take the day off and get a break from the semi-toxic environment of the class, but she knew Lila would lie about it. The girl planned to leave after lunch, since class with Bustier is in the morning hours today.

As she walked into the school, many people wished her a happy birthday. They gave her small presents that were cutely handmade or bought, or her favorite foods. Felix even gave her a new bag so she could hold all the presents. 

In other words, Marinette was popular and was gaining lots of attention today. And a certain Italian wasn't happy.

Lila didn't know it was Marinette's birthday, nor did she care. But she was stealing all the attention from her and she didn't like it. She had an idea, and one that would prove who is worthy of attention. The girl got into character and approached Alya in the classroom.

"So, I heard today is Marinette's birthday!" Lila exclaimed, gaining the attention of all the class. They jumped a little, not realizing the day was so soon. They thought it was next week and were still planning things. But Alya however, rolled her eyes. 

"We aren't going to celebrate her birthday, not with how much of a bully she's been lately." Lila smiled a little.

"But Alya, it's her birthday! We need to make it special for her. It's the one day a year where the day is all about you!" The classmates agreed and started to quickly plan a surprise party afterschool. Lila pulled Alya aside.

"Besides, we can always show her why she shouldn't be a bully." Alya's eyes widened in satisfaction.

"We can sabotage, of course! We're going to show her not to mess with you." The two snuck back into the huddle, planning on what to mess up. 

They didn't notice Felix at the door listening to their entire conversation.

✨✨✨

Marinette was about to head home for lunch when Felix came and joined. He told her what he overheard the class doing. She felt a slight sense of happiness that they wanted to do something nice for her, even with the situation. But she wasn't surprised at Alya or Lila. 

Alya has been nothing but a guard dog for the girl, and it will only get her in deeper trouble. She will defend Lila until the ends of the earth as long as she believes her.

"I have a plan." Felix smirked. Marinette's eyebrow raises.

"Care to share?"

"Nope. Consider it a birthday present, my love." Marinette turned around to glare at him, only to find him gone. She can't help but wonder how much he was going to do, and what exactly the outcome would be.

✨✨✨

It was now the end of the day and Marinette was ready to go home. Her parents made her favorite cake, with chocolate covered strawberries and sprinkles. Her mouth watered at the taste of the dessert. Before she could walk out of the school, Rose pulled her aside. "We have an emergency!" She exclaimed. "But you have to wear this!" The baker's girl placed the blindfold on her eyes as Rose gently dragging her to the park.