The Liar Among Us

I got this random idea while watching Streamers and Youtubers I watch play it. Hope you like it.

Madame Bustier's class is nicknamed The Akuma Class. It's been a while since Lila came back and was lying, some believing her, and some not. The school is split along with his mindset, constantly battling over the lies and credibility of the Italian. To prove who's right, what better than to play a virtual reality game that focuses on lies?

BTW bold words are going to be in the game or notes, and regular is going to be outside the game. You will see what I mean later.

Marinette is hated on by all the people she worked so hard to make happy. A few came to their senses and apologized for believing the liar over her, while others refused to believe her. The class, now nicknamed as The Akuma Class, was split in half. Team Mari is Adrien (I decided to be good to Adrien for this fic but sometimes I prefer Adrien Bashing, but I see it both ways tbh) after he realized lies can hurt (Lila lied about his mom), Chloe, Nino, Max, Kim, Juleka, and Nathaniel. There were more on Marinette's side, they were just not in their class so they aren't counted in the debates.

Team Lila is Alya as head supporter, Rose, Alix, Bustier, and formerly Sabrina. Chloe was able to help her see the wrongs in Lila after she falsely promised to Sabrina, and she apologized to Marinette and joined her side. But most of the time she was pretty neutral. 

Kagami, Luka, Aurore, and Marc are the main ones outside of the class that help Marinette out whenever they can. Kagami recently was able to convince her mother to let her go to a public school, and the bluenette decided to aid her friends in a battle against a liar. Luka joined for similar reasons, and the four were in Mrs. Mendeliev's class.

A murder mystery game was created, and soon a virtual reality version appeared. The class, wanting to play for fun, decided to pitch in and buy the game. But one of the groups had other plans.

"We can use this game to our advantage," Kagami spoke. They were sitting in Chloe's room, having a sleepover. "The game is about lying to win, and taking out anyone who knows it's you. If we can get her to expose herself, then maybe it would raise less suspicion on Mari and more on the liar herself. She would have to keep lying until it all unravels." She bit into her pizza while the others thought about the idea.

"There are ways of proving your innocence, which she could also lie her way about. They eat up her every word like it's free candy." Marinette huffed. She was highly annoyed that the class decided to believe Lila over her, and that it was going on for this long.

"We could corner her in the game and bring it up." Marc suggested.

"OHH!" Chloe exclaimed, almost dropping her food. "That gives me a great idea." The blonde evilly grinned and filled the rest in.

The Next Day

The plan was simple. The class would play the game in the center of the school, where there would be a big open space so the students wouldn't risk bumping into anything. While they were playing, on of them would corner Lila into telling her lies. Her believing that they were alone, could have the chance to break her façade. Not knowing that they wouldn't actually be alone. It was only the class playing, so Mrs. Bustier and Max would be observing. Max claimed he wasn't in the game because he had motion sickness, but he was actually going to hack the game and make sure everything worked as it was supposed to and that not all of the classmates would be able to play. Their inability to join is needed for things to go smoothly, and a bit more dramatic. They weren't the main bullies anyways.

Their colors were:

Marinette - Red; Adrien - Lime Green; Nino - Green; Alya - Red Orange; Lila - Orange; Rose - Pink; Chloe - Yellow, Kim - Maroon, Alix - Coral, Sabrina - Cyan, Nathaniel - Gray, and Juleka - Purple. After everyone chose their colors, Principal Damocles explained the rules and the game began.