Enabler (Adrien and Bustier Salt)

Marinette gives Adrien and Mrs. Bustier a reality check about how they are handling people like Lila and the other bullies.

Marinette was not satisfied with how Adrien and Ms. Bustier were handling the bullying situation. Adrien just sat by and let it happen, while Ms. Bustier expected her to fix the problem herself or she got mad at her over the littlest things. So, Marinette was going to transfer to Luka's school, but she was not leaving without fixing some things.

Marinette walked into the classroom on a Friday morning, ignoring the daily glares and Lila shrinking into her seat. The blueberry immediately went up to the teacher, who was sitting at her desk. She decided to deliver the news now, since she dubbed the day a mental health day.

"Ms. Bustier, I am no longer in your class, or a student at Francis Dupont." The room went silent, and everyone was staring up front. 

"W-what do you mean? Your classmates need you, you're the star pupil! You need to set a proper example for them." Marinette smirked, proving her point.

"And that's why I'm transferring. You put so much pressure on the class representative, that they do more work for the class than you do. Not to mention, everyone has hated me for 'bullying' Lila, and they have wanted me to step down for a long time. Besides, Lila can do it, with all her connections."

"Yeah, we can!" Alya cheered. "She can get us better trips than you can!" The rest of the class cheered in agreement.

"So Lila will be the new Class Rep, and I bet she will be sooo successful." Adrien, who didn't like how this was going, spoke up.

"Marinette, can I speak to you alone?"

"No. Whatever you have to say, you can say it in front of the class." Marinette loved watching Adrien squirm under the gazes of their classmates.

"I would rather not."

"See, this is the attitude problem I was talking about, Marinette." Ms. Bustier jumped back in. "You shouldn't pressure your friends into doing something they aren't comfortable with." Marinette was done with these people.

"You both are such hypocrites." They both were shocked. "You are both enablers, sitting there witnessing everything but doing absolutely nothing about the bullies." Marinette faced Adrien.

"You stand there, watch, and throw me to the wolves. You have the audacity to say we were in this together, you PROMISED and you broke it. Until you have prove we are, you are not my friend." She turned to Ms. Bustier.

"And you are one of the worst. You make the victim suffer while the bullies get no consequence. You blame the victims, and have the nerve to expect forgiveness. You don't even do your damn job. How can you be fit to be a teacher when you can't even do it for an hour?" The two looked down at the floor. Marinette made her way to the door, and stopped before leaving the classroom.

"I am removing myself from this toxic environment. Hopefully this school will learn from its mistakes.

There's a part 2 to this, it's directed to Alya

502 words