It's Your Fault

When Lila's lies get revealed, the class blames Alya because she's a reporter and prided herself for knowing when someone was lying. They blamed her for not checking, then blamed Adrien as well when they found out he knew and didn't do anything to stop it. Marinette just sits back and watches the show as Mrs. Bustier expects her to handle it.

Felinette and Class Salt

A few more episodes of MLB was added to Disney+ and I'm gonna watch them, but that means my brain cells need to work so I can piece stuff together💀

Everyone was silent in the classroom. Lila was just revealed to be a liar (I'll leave it up to imagination to how she got exposed), and she was dragged out of the school by her mother yelling at her in Italian. Then the yelling started, with regrets and accusations thrown everywhere.

"She...she was lying the entire time..." Alya said in shock.

"Why didn't you check?" Alix asked Alya in the quiet room. "You're the reporter, you prided and bragged that you could tell if someone was lying from a mile away. Yet you didn't check. It's your job to know if someone is lying!"

"Yeah, it's your fault!" Kim agreed. The class started yelling again.

Marinette just sat in the back, texting Felix and ignoring her surroundings. They recently started dating when he visited one day and kept her contact to help her get through her class drama. When Adrien found out, he became jealous and tried to get Marinette to dump him, thinking that his cold cousin wasn't a good match for her positive personality. Marinette turned him down, and said:

"I don't want to date a coward like you. You shouldn't try to stand up for me when you can't even stand up for yourself." 

They haven't spoken ever since. Every time Adrien tries to talk to her, he gets met with a cold glare.

Speaking of the golden boy, he was looking at her with dread in his eyes. Mrs. Bustier was looking the same way at her. Alya made her way up the stairs, shame written on her face.

"Girl, I am so sorry-"

"Save it."

"W-what?"

"Save the apology. You're only sorry because you realized you were wrong. If Lila's lies weren't revealed, you would still be bullying me for her. You wouldn't even be talking to me right now. You would be worshipping her, doing her bidding to every call, and not even having the thought in your mind that she could be lying." Marinette got up and gathered her stuff.

"Why should I forgive you? You guys were supposed to be my friends, and you abandoned me for the next best thing. You all proved how much our friendship really means to you guys, and there's no going back to how it was." They all felt guilty, and Marinette felt a sense of glee in her gut.

Adrien, worrying about keeping the peace, decided to speak up. It was a costly mistake.

"Marinette, we're your friends. Can't you consider forgiving them? It's not their fault they knew she was lying." Adrien didn't realize what he said until he felt all eyes on him. He paled.

"You knew she was lying?" Nino looked hurt.

"You didn't warn us or anything?!" Rose cried, head in her hands.

"If you said something, maybe we wouldn't have just thought that Marinette was crazy!" Alya exclaimed. "My career went down the drain because I believed her!"

"I'm never going to get into my dream school!"

"This is why I got banned from all those charities!"

Mrs. Bustier, not liking to see her students so distraught, sought the help of the Class Representative. "Marinette, maybe you should consider forgiveness. They won't learn from their mistakes-"

"They are learning. They are learning what it's like to not be forgiven and to lose a friend because of their naivety."

Mrs. Bustier was growing frustrated. "Your negativity could get them akumatized, you need to set an example for them. Remember what I said about all the Marinettes in the world?"

"All of the Marinettes would agree with me about leaving. This class is too toxic for my mental health and I am not going to stand it any longer. I will not apologize for a class of sheep, an enabler, someone who prioritizes one person over another, and your lack of work ethic that you expect someone else to do for you." Marinette finished packing up everything and walked out the door, opening it to find Felix holding up his phone.

"How long have you been there?" She asked as she gave Felix a hug.

"Since the blame was placed on the tabloid. You said the reveal was happening and I had to be here for myself to see it. I may or may not have been live streaming to the entire school and Nadja Chamack, who is most likely going to use this as her next big story. 'Local teenager savagely takes down her class bullies'. Now that is a good story." Felix ended the recording and walked Marinette out of the school. They would later press charges and restraining orders to everyone who wronged Marinette.

Felix was right about it being the next big story. The recording was used across international news headlines and sparked Anti-Bullying protests and communities until governments made bullying have more serious consequences, and even making it illegal in some places.

Alya faced charges for assault, bullying, cyber-bullying, destruction of property, and was given bills for everything Marinette made her for free. She was also charged by the celebrities she wrote about.

Lila was buried under so many lawsuits and restraining orders she couldn't go anywhere without someone recognizing her and openly calling her names.

Adrien was placed back into homeschooling, which he didn't mind at this point. He was given a restraining order and was shunned by the class for aiding Lila. Nino wouldn't even look at him for two weeks before he started talking to him again. Adrien had to face losing friends because of his decisions, and eventually lost Plagg as well.

Marinette and Felix, however, had a great end. They started a successful fashion company and had wonderful children, who soon became holders of the miraculous as well. 

But that's a story for another time.

I somehow wrote this and got 2 more ideas

1036 words