April Fools

The class pretends to believe Lila as a prank. They made it known their senior year, after Lila tells a lie too big.

Today is my prom so I won't be active

______________________________________________

Marinette was sure all her friends were trustworthy. But she learned not everything was not what it seems when Lila came around. And nothing beat senior year.

Marinette was isolated because of Lila. Alya believed her the most and took on some major hatred towards the blueberry because Nino broke up with her. Nino believed Marinette, and since Alya didn't, they fought and broke up. Adrien tried to get Nino to see from the reporter's perspective, but it only made things worse when he found out that Adrien knew about the lies the entire time. Obviously, their friendship ended. Nino now sits with Mari, making her feel better.

Lila starts telling a lie about Jagged Stone's newest sunglasses. They were purple, gold, and black, designed to match the rocker's signature outfit. "Yeah, I designed his glasses. He personally thanked me when I was done." The class went silent, Marinette started to get angry, Nino wanted to strangle someone, and Adrien hoped no one would yell at each other. That didn't happen.

"That's a bad lie, Lila," Alix said, starting to laugh. The rest of the class joined in, except Adrien, Marinette, Nino, and Alya.

"W-what? What's so funny guys?" Lila asked.

"We knew you were lying the the whole time, give it up." Alya smiled.

"I'm not lying!" Lila was given a deadpanned look by everyone in the room and showed her true colors when she realized she lost all control.

"Ok, so what if I'm lying. Why didn't you all stop me if you knew?" Lila smirked.

"It was a prank." Alya grinned.

"Excuse MOI?!" Chloe walked in on the drama unfolding. Sabrina was behind her, carrying Chloe's bag. "You pulled a prank on Du-Marinette, for 4 years??"

"W-well when you put it like that..."Rose looked down.

"This lying witch here has been lying since freshman year. We graduate in like a month. And you come here to say 'It was a prank'?!" Chloe saw red. She slowly became Marinette's friend in secret, both bonding over their hatred over Lila. They witnessed all the chaos in the class and Marinette told her not to do anything so the bee wouldn't be affected. 

But Chloe didn't want to stand by any longer. It's gone on long enough.

"Marinette always had a small prank for us on April Fools." Kim explained. "We wanted to return the favor of it."

"Lila came at the perfect time." Alya scrolled through the phone. "All of those videos and interviews also held a great cover. Thanks to Lila, we would have never been able to pull this off. No one messes with my bestie."

"I am not your bestie." Everyone turned to Marinette, shocked to see her mad. She was trying hard to be angry without getting akumatized. "You all bullied me, cyberbullied me, and isolated me for nearly 4 YEARS just to say it's a JOKE and expect us to be friends again in seconds?" The silence cut though the air like knife. Adrien decided to speak up, which was a mistake.

"Marinette, it was just a joke that went too far. Surely, we can try to move past this?" Nino almost threw his hat at the boy.

"Adrien! Marinette is allowed to be angry! Her so called friends abandoned her, and it was all for nothing. There's no reason why she has to forgive them for all they did."

"He's right." Marinette and Chloe agreed.

"Adrien, you need to learn that life isn't like a Disney movie. Not everything has a good ending, like my friendship with this class." Marinette pulled out some papers from her bag and placed them on Mrs. Bustier's desk. "I will be transferring to a different school. Get rid of all of my contacts in your phones.

"Same for us." Chloe smirked, placing hers and Nino's on the desk. "I have been wanting to escape this utterly disgusting school for years!" The classmates were gaping like fish. They tried to convince them to stay as they left through the door, ignoring them. It was a small price to pay for everything, after all.

689 words