Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

Marinette's friends mourning her death

For better clarification, this starts around the beginning of December and ends around Christmas

Let me tell you what I wish I'd known
When I was young and dreamed of glory
You have no control
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

The world was silent to Luka, which was something he had never experienced before. The winter was cold, colder than usual, and his heart was empty.

The one girl he loved more than anything in the world was now gone. And she took his soul with her.

President Jefferson
I'll give him this, his financial system is a work of genius
I couldn't undo it if I tried
And I've tried

Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Mrs. Bustier sniffed as she multitasked. Her star pupil was now gone, and it took some of the life out of the classroom.

Marinette had also been filling out class representative work at the time as well, so when she died Alya refused to do it and left Mrs. Bustier to do it.

Every question or idea that came to mind made the teacher think of her student. She didn't know how she managed it.

Then she recalled the girl looking stressed and asking Alya for help. Her response? She said she wasn't going to help until she was better to Lila. The teacher said no prior because she was busy grading papers, so Marinette had to do it all on her own.

That explains why she continuously fell asleep in class. Everything made so much more sense as the teacher broke down.

Her sobs echoed throughout the school.

President Madison
He took our country from bankruptcy to prosperity
I hate to admit it
But he doesn't get enough credit for all the credit he gave us
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story

Marinette's friends and parents suffered more than everyone else. Her friends were the ones that found her. It was all an accident.

Before that, Marinette said she was going to take a nap, then they could watch Christmas movies all night. But when they came over to get her, she was unresponsive, pale, and had an almost empty bottle of sleeping pills next to her.

The pills were prescribed to her, because her parents noticed she lacked sleep. The surprise was that there were so many missing, because the bottle was over halfway full earlier that day. And Marinette was responsible enough to not overdose, and she would tell someone if she was feeling lower lately.

Sabrina had a gut feeling something was horribly wrong here. She asked her dad to investigate her suspicions.

Based on the information and how she acted before, Marinette didn't commit suicide.

This was a murder.

Every other founding fathers' story gets told
Every other founding father gets to grow old
And when you're gone, who remembers your name?
Who keeps your flame?
Who tells your story?
Eliza
I put myself back in the narrative
Eliza
I stop wasting time on tears
I live another 50 years
It's not enough

Eliza

Luka was heartbroken, but he nearly shut down completely when his girlfriend's case was now seen as a murder. It did make sense, but he couldn't fathom who would possibly want to kill Marinette.