Tabloid (Part 2 of Enabler)

Marinette's rage moves on to Alya

Even after Marinette left the school, everyone was still affected by her absence. Lila was later exposed, and became ignored and hated like Adrien. Bustier and Damocles were fired for neglect, favoritism, and abuse of power. No one wanted to anger Marinette more, but still wanted to apologize. So they left her alone and instead tried to tell her parents that they were sorry. Tom and Sabine passed on their apologizes, except one: Alya.

Alya was the worst one of all. She was Lila's most loyal minion, was more dedicated towards the liar than Marinette, and was physically and cyberbullying her. Alya was upset when her classmates said they were considered being forgiven, but not her. So, Alya decided to ask Marinette in person so she would be forced to answer.

Alya left early one morning, leaving a note saying she was going to study at the library, but instead stalked Marinette to her new school. As Marinette walked up to Luka and Kagami, Alya made her move.

"Marinette!" She yelled out, catching everyone's attention. "Why haven't I been forgiven yet? I did everything for you!" Alya was angry and jealous. She felt like she was there for Marinette every step of the way, and then was just abandoned.

Marinette was also angry, and frankly, annoyed at Alya. Who had the nerve to follow her to school, favored her bully more than she did to her to begin with, and still thinks she would even have the possibility of being considered to be friends again.

"You did everything for me?" Marinette started laughing. "You really need to get your facts straight."

"I supported you, stood by your side with your crazy crush, and even tried getting you to confess-"

"Which you pushed me out of my comfort zone to do. And I got over him a long time ago, he's just an enabler, he's not dependable to be there when you need him to be. Much like you." Alya saw red.

"I deserve to be forgiven!"

"No you don't." Alya froze, now fully seeing Marinette's expression. She was keeping herself calm, but if looks could kill, Alya would be dead on the spot.

"How do I not deserve it? I've been a great friend-"

"Friends don't abandon each other for the next best thing. Friends don't push something onto the other at the last minute. Friends don't publicly harass and bully me on their blog, getting me attacked and harassed outside of school. You weren't even a good friend, you're just a tabloid."

Alya was about ready to slap Marinette for calling her a tabloid. But before she could do it, Luka stepped in front of Mari with his phone in hand, showing Alya her own blog. "Everyone has been calling you that for a while. Do you not read your comments anymore?" Alya looked at her phone and read the comments to make sure Luka wasn't pranking her. She lost so many followers and she never even noticed. All the comments were asking why she stopped interviewing Ladybug and the other heroes, and why it's focused on a random person she decided to bully now. But there was one comment thread on an interview with Lila that made Alya's heart sink.

I thought Jagged Stone didn't have a cat?

He doesn't. He's allergic, he mentioned it in an interview once.

So if she's lying, why hasn't she been called out yet?

Does the blogger know?

What happened to the girl with the blue hair? I thought they were best friends, not this sausage-haired liar.

I bet the blue-haired girl  told the Ladyblogger that she was lying and she ended their friendship because she didn't believe her.

You know what I call a fake story spread by a fake blogger? I call them a TABLOID in my book.

The last comment had more likes than Alya had on her most viewed video. Every comment was agreeing with them. Alya looked back up to see Marinette's mad face.

"Face it, Alya. You have no one but yourself to blame. Lila told the lies, and you chose to believe it. Don't make that mistake again." Marinette turned and left with her true friends, and never looked back. Not even when Alya started crying and asked for her to come back.

703 words