You'll Be Back

Gabriel Agreste/Hawkmoth on Natalie leaving him and abandoning his plan to bring Emilie back

You say
The price of my love's not a price that you're willing to pay
You cry
In your tea which you hurl in the sea when you see me go by

Gabriel Agreste didn't understand. He's been doing this for how long- at least a year? And Natalie wants to back out.

You see, this famous fashion model is secretly the town's terrorist. Well, terrorist seems like an extreme (but appropriate) word, but it does spread fear around the city. But it's for a good reason.

The miraculous jewels hold powerful magic, a wish, that can be granted and alter the course of the world. And what is this wish that is desired?

For his wife, Emilie Agreste, to return from her deep slumber.

She was the last user of the peacock, a damaged miraculous that she later paid the price for. Now Gabriel is willing to pay the price to bring her back.

But Natalie is having second thoughts. She's saying how it isn't worth the risk in the long run, especially with how his wife would react when she found out everything he did while she was gone. She also mentioned how Adrien wouldn't have anyone left if karma caught up to them.

But he brushed it off. And he shouldn't have.

Why so sad?

Remember, we made an arrangement when you went away

Now, you're making me mad
Remember, despite our estrangement, I'm your man
You'll be back, soon you'll see
You'll remember you belong to me
You'll be back, time will tell
You'll remember that I served you well

Gabriel made up his mind. If Natalie wasn't going to help anymore, he would just do it himself! 

Besides, Adrien's mother wouldn't dare leave the family behind. He's spent so long trying to get her back, it would be rude to just get up and leave!

If only the man had understood the real reason why Natalie wanted to back out. If only he wasn't too late.

Oceans rise, empires fall
We have seen each other through it all
And when push comes to shove
I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love
Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
Da-da, dat, dat, da-ya-da
Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
Da-da, dat, dat, da-ya

Hawkmoth initiated a final battle for the magical jewels. He wanted to end this once and for all, and he wasn't going to let this stop him. He let his determination, frustration, and any other negative emotion carry him in the fight and officially won. 

He was honestly shocked to find out Adrien was the holder of the cat miraculous and that his friend was the beloved heroine. He had a slight pang of regret that he has been fighting his own son for over a year. But everything would be fixed once he showed his reasons, he was sure of it!

So he used the wish, and brought back his wife. Only, she wasn't the same as when she left.

She was colder, as if she knew something and was salty about it. 

The first thing she did was run to her son. That stung a little, knowing that you brought your wife back and she doesn't even acknowledge you. But when Emilie looked at him, all she had in her face was rage.

She knew everything that happened while asleep. And she was not happy. Gabriel suddenly understood why Natalie wanted to back out.

You say our love is draining, and you can't go on
You'll be the one complainin' when I am gone
And no, don't change the subject
'Cause you're my favorite subject
My sweet, submissive subject
My loyal, royal subject
Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever

Their marriage was breaking apart, and the media was having a blast with it. Not only did Emilie Agreste reappear out of the blue, but she is even planning on divorcing her husband! Not to mention all of the rumors why, and of course none of them are true.

Gabriel cheated, her disappearance was faked and she was held hostage somewhere, etc. The rumors got so bad that Adrien refused to go to school because he would constantly be bombarded by reporters asking questions. 

And his classmates' opinion of his wellbeing. They made sure he was alright, but he doesn't enjoy being asked constantly. At least Lila knew how to keep her mouth shut this time, because she knew one wrong lie could put her in a bad light all over the world.

But he liked that his mom was back. But Natalie has been really sick lately.

Adrien went to her room to give her flowers only to find that she wasn't breathing. He yelled for his parents as Plagg comforted him. They called an ambulance as Gabriel turned pale.

Natalie had warned about this. A sacrifice has to be made for the wish so the universe could stay in balance. By bringing Emilie back, Natalie took her place. The fashion icon felt cold all over as everything happened in a blur.

Natalie was declared dead. Emilie divorced him, paid Gorilla enough to keep him afloat for a few years and took Adrien to live with her sister. Lila was found out to be working with Gabriel and was sentenced to a psychiatric hospital.

Gabriel blinked as he realized he was in a prison cell. He didn't remember how he got here.

The cellmate above him growled. He threw a newspaper down on him that read:

HAWKMOTH'S IDENTITY REVEALED!

How did things end up like this?

You'll be back like before
I will fight the fight and win the war
For your love, for your praise
And I'll love you 'til my dying days
When you're gone, I'll go mad
So don't throw away this thing we had
'Cause when push comes to shove
I will kill your friends and family to remind you of my love
Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
Da-da, dat, dat, da-ya-da
Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
Da-da, dat-
Everybody!
Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
Da-da, dat, dat, da-ya-da
Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
Da-da-da, dat, da-ya-da

IK it's short but I didn't want to focus on other characters for this one

I also thought this song would be fitting😅

More soon on Wednesday (maybe)

1000 words