To Crush Your Part Part 2

1 Month Later

Alya, Adrien, Bustier, and Damocles all pushed Marinette hard into the play. Adrien kept trying to comfort her and say it would all end soon while the others just try to rush her. The play was ready, except the roles weren't picked out. You would think a month into the idea there would have been at least 1 audition, so the school chose at random who would get what role.

Marinette was chosen for the lead haunted girl, as she was representative of her class and everyone depended on her so heavily. Adrien got the male love interest, much to Marinette's pleasure. Her obsessive crush on him faded when he chose Lila's side. The girl was eager to give Lila the role instead, who was her understudy, and she could be the ghost. Lila didn't like that she wasn't the lead and Marinette was. And for once, Marinette agreed with her. But neither adult let up, and Bustier just said "Set an example."

Mylene was going to be the ghost, but backed down and Ivan got the lead because of his build.

Lila was seething that she didn't get the role she wanted. She purposely added in a kiss scene because she was so certain she would get what she wanted. But instead, she got the understudy. Lila was determined  to stop the kiss from happening. Whatever it takes, whatever force is necessary. And no one will stop me, for so she thought.

Huge Time Skip to the day of the play cuz I'm lazy :P

✨✨During the Play✨✨

Marinette was in character and was pretending to be scared when she saw her friends' faces. They knew she was chosen for the role against her will. After all, she wasn't allowed to say no. But Marinette's parents were making it better. They got Nadja Chamack to live stream the play, without Mari's knowledge of course. With all the camera angles, Lila wouldn't stand a chance if she did anything drastic.

As Marinette and her 'friends' set up the Oujia Board, Lila was looking for a way to sabotage the play. She looked around, and looked at the chandelier. In the performance, the decoration was supposed to wobble as a sign that the ghost was in the same room with them. If it wobbled early, it would just be seen as part of the show. So Lila messed with it.

"If you are in this room, shake the chandelier!" Marinette said dramatically. They looked up to see the décor moving, but more than it was supposed to to. The actors eyed each other, not knowing exactly what to do.

Everything happened in slow motion. The chandelier broke off its rope, falling down. Marinette didn't move in time. There was a dust cloud where it fell. When it cleared up, there was a broken chandelier, broken glass, and a half unconscious Marinette surrounded by blood. She was slowly trying to get up, not fully understanding what happened. Everything was a blur after that.

Nadja had an ambulance on speed dial, worrying over how bad the situation could have been. Marinette was surrounded by people, some trying to help get the chandelier off. They were stopped because they could have made it worse and they eventually started getting the smaller pieces to pass the time.

Marinette was eventually pulled out 5 minutes later, now unconscious and bloody. Her head was bleeding, and there were cuts and bruises from the glass décor. Marinette's friends left with her, and Nadja sadly had to cover the story.

"And with great sadness, a widely loved girl was crushed by a chandelier here tonight. But fortunately, security cameras might have gotten the person responsible for it." The cameraman turned to the screen. Lila realized her end was near and tried to get away.

"Alya, I have to go to the bathroom." Lila whispered,  trying to get by.

"Wait, we should see who's responsible." Besides, we should thank them, she deserved it anyway." Lila started shaking, knowing she might get caught because of Alya. As the cameraman showed Lila messing with the rope, everyone gasped and turned to her.

"Why would you do that?" Nadja asks, furious. She was not happy that her daughter's babysitter, who was like family to her, was injured in what was supposed to be an innocent play.

But her reaction was different from the class.

People were congratulating Lila for putting the bully in her place. But the reporter was having none of it. 

"Why would you hurt an innocent girl like that?!" Nadja asks again, angrier than before.

"She deserved it for all she's done-" Alya started, but Miss Bustier stopped her.

I'm sure Lila didn't mean it, it was probably just an accident." She smiled sweetly.

"ACCIDENT?! She was smiling when she did this! It was clearly on purpose and I am concerned about how you treat your students in these situations. I am making sure this school gets looked into and I will NEVER  send my daughter to this school. We're done here." Nadja left with the cameraman, both angry and concerned for the teen.

Damocles and Bustier seemed worried, but not about what they should be worried about. Miss Mendeliev waltzed over. "I feel like you two are only worried about how everyone will see the school, not because a student is hurt." She said, glaring at the two as she lead her class away. She didn't want her students getting corrupted by them.

✨✨Later✨✨

Luka was with Marinette until she woke up. He skipped school for the day so he could be with her when she awoke. They spent their whole day together, until others came from school. Luka asked if Marinette wanted to get ice cream when she gets out of the hospital, which she accepted.

"You missed Nadja go ballistic on them," Chloe explained. "I'm not surprised if lawsuits start coming in. It's going to be a great show, I know it."

"Or a massive akumazation fallout." Marinette deadpanned.

"Let us have our fun first, Mari-bug." Luka winked.

"Don't worry, I will slice Hawkmoth's throat in half if he tries to get you." Kagami comforted.

"Yeah, I'll get my followers to help me petition him. He's already going to be arrested for being a terrorist." Aurore suggested.

"I imagine he has a 90% chance of escaping with all that he does." Max calculates.

"I'm sure Nino here will agree if he was here." Kim said.

"Where is Nino anyway?" Marinette asked.

"Alya was going off on him for wanting to be here with you instead of staying with his 'girlfriend'. More like ex now." Marc explains.

"This is basically how it went. Nathaniel held up a drawing of Alya yelling at Nino, him cowering. "The fact that Adrien knew this whole time that Lila was lying and let you suffer proves he wasn't the best friend."

"I'm glad I have my true friends here." Marinette sighed, dreading the future.

There's one more part!

1133 words