Superstitions

I wrote this for Friday the 13th and forgot about it😭

I wanted to do one where Lila doesn't believe in superstitions and doesn't realize the universe is out to get her. Marinette was just trying to make it through the day.

I had to post this early because I'm gonna be busy Saturday and would most likely forget to post Sunday or Friday

Marinette woke up to the sun in her face and groaned. It was Friday, specifically Friday the 13th. In October, to be even more specific. The worst day in history for the bluenette.

It was no surprise to anyone that Marinette had bad luck. And it seemed to be worse on that specific day. 

Every year something bad would happen. She would trip and get a large bleeding scar that wouldn't go away. She would lose the notes for a surprise upcoming test and fail it miserably. The girl even almost got struck by lightning once! And this year would be even worse because Lila Rossi exists.

That girl is a menace. She lies through her teeth about so much, that Marinette is convinced that Lila isn't even her real name. The baker girl pushed the thoughts away and hesitantly got up for her worst day of the year. Not noticing the tiny god watching her every move.

Throughout her time with her owner, Tikki noticed how clumsy Marinette can be. She knew of the superstitions that humans grow concerned about and had an idea.

Marinette had wanted Lila to get exposed, but nothing seemed to go her way. So Tikki decided to make it happen her way. Anything for her bug.

Marinette dragged herself out of the house with spare cookies for Tikki, not taking any chances with no food for akuma battles today. The sky had a slight drizzle so Marinette grabbed an umbrella. The girl let in a breath of air and stepped outside, waiting for something to happen. When nothing did, she continued to the school.

🎃🎃🎃

Lila meanwhile, was having a worse day than usual. Her alarm didn't go off so she overslept, her hair is a mess that can't be contained, and on top of that there was no food in the house precooked so she had nothing to eat before rushing to class. Lila quickly came up with a few lies for why she was late as she opened the door.

To her surprise, Mrs. Bustier wasn't in there, but instead Mrs. Mendeliev was. Interesting, she didn't remember their teacher saying that she wasn't going to be there. But everyone else didn't look surprised. 

"Ms. Rossi," the science teacher started. "Why are you late to class?"

Lila quickly worked up a sorrowed look. "Sorry ma'am, I got held up in traffic on the way here because of the rain. I'll try to be earlier next time." The teacher hummed as she looked at roll.

"You actually have several unexcused tardies these past few weeks. I'm going to have to send you to detention." Lila gaped as the teacher sent a message to the teacher. The girl huffed in annoyance as she searched for the room. As the girl was leaving, she heard the science teacher talking about Friday the 13th.

Bad luck? Please, Lila didn't believe in bad luck. If anything, this should have been Lila's best day ever! Lila sighed as she finally found the location of the detention room.

It was in the basement. Talk about creepy.

The teacher watching the group, who had a name that Lila didn't bother to remember, ordered her and a few other students clean and take out decorations for a school Halloween party in a few weeks. As Lila took out the decor, she found a costume with no head. She thought of all the devious ways she can use this to her advantage as she searched for more items. Once detention was over, she gathered the items to sneak into her locker.