True Colors

Requested by nightfalls030403

Hope you don't mind that I combined I wanted to see how the ideas would work together😅 

Marinette is having a chaotic day. Damocles insists on being a hero and continues to put himself in unnecessary danger. On top of that, Marinette tells Alya a secret that ruins their friendship.

Marinette has been stressed lately. Hawkmoth decided to send more and more akumas since everyone is stressing about exams. And with the abundance of akumas happening around school, Principal Damocles decided enough was enough so he stepped in.

As The Owl (or whatever his name was😭)

It's one thing for him to step into danger a few times, since it was always minor and the most serious injury he ever got was bruises along his arms. But doing it everyday for the past three weeks is drawing Marinette towards her breaking point.

And don't even get her started on Alya.

Recently, Marinette found herself attracted to a certain someone. And no, surprisingly, it wasn't Luka or Adrien. The crush was a girl. Her name was Zoe.

Zoe is the sister of Chloe, the mayor's spoiled daughter. She wants everything run her way and for people to bow down to her every command. But Zoe, she's the opposite. She listens, likes to include everyone, she even would rather fade away than be noticed all the time like her sister.

But that's not the only reason Marinette loves her. It's because of who she is as a person. 

Zoe knows she is not like her sister, and strives to make sure she is never compared to her. She wants to make a name for herself and not off of her family's fame and riches. Her independence, determination, and personality is why Marinette loves her. And she was ready to tell the people she cared about.

She told Luka and her cousin, Marc, first. They were understanding, and Marc also confessed he had a crush on a boy. They already knew who it was, but they weren't going to say anything.

Marinette told her parents next. They were also accepting and made sure that they didn't make their daughter feel less loved than she did before. So the baker girl started telling more trusted friends until it came down to one.

Alya.

They were still technically friends, but ever since Lila came back there has been a strain on their relationship. Alya insists that Lila is telling the truth and Marinette is just jealous because of her crush on Adrien. Marinette will admit, she was crazy about the boy, but she later found out it was admiration that vanished after Adrien stood by and did nothing about the lies. They haven't even spoken in weeks, but it's not like Alya noticed.

It was a Thursday afternoon when Marinette decided to tell Alya. There were many different ways that this could go wrong, but she needed to know Alya's opinion. Marc made sure to prep her if anything went wrong and requested that she told her in a private space and not a public area. Sadly, that's not how things worked out.

Lila told another lie that morning that Marinette tripped her and bruised her legs because she was mad that she wasn't spending time with Adrien. Alya lost it and started going off on Marinette as soon as she walked up. The yelling match caught the attention of most of the other students.

"I can't believe you would stoop this low! All because of your ridiculous jealousy on Adrien! He's never going to like you since you've become such a bully!" That's when Marinette lost her shit.

"I don't even like Adrien anymore! I like someone else and she is a much better match for me!" Marinette's eyes widened as she covered her mouth on shock. Everyone else was in shock as well, even Lila. Alya spoke up first, in a quiet whisper.