Transferred

Requested by CeciniceBG

Lila and Marinette are childhood friends. When Lila transfers to Dupont, Marinette asks her to lie to test her friends and their loyalty. 

Marinette was ecstatic. She recently just found out that her childhood friend, Lila Rossi, is moving to Paris and will even be attending her school!

Now, you might be wondering how they met. When Marinette was younger, her grandmother took her around on her travels, including Italy. Marinette and Lila got ice cream together and bonded while her grandma was busy. For the rest of the trip, hanging out with Lila was all she did. Marinette made her grandma promise to bring her to Italy every year.

Her latest trip last year ended with them getting each other's phone numbers so they could schedule meetups better. That was how Lila spread the news to her. And just in time too, since Marinette was going through other friendship troubles.

Lately, it's been like Marinette's been ignored. Her friends stopped involving her in class groupings and it even seems like Mrs. Bustier stopped paying attention to her. Marinette was feeling invisible.

It wasn't everyone, though.

Nino, Nathaniel, Juleka, Rose, Mylene, Ivan, Sabrina, and even Chloe were still in contact with her. They even started growing closer as a result. Chloe then took the opportunity to apologize to Marinette and promised to do better. Ever since then, she has been trying to be a better person and making it up to everyone she hurt. Sabrina helped as well, noting her progress.

There were also friends outside the class like Aurore, Marc, the rest of Mrs. Mendeliev's class (including her, surprisingly), Kagami, and Luka. Luka was Marinette's rock lately, letting her know that she wasn't invisible to him. It didn't help that both him and Kagami were going to a different school though.

The day came when Lila arrived. Marinette and her parents were waiting inside to greet them with freshly baked goods and to help settle in. While the parents caught up and moved boxes into the living room, Marinette and Lila started unpacking in her room.

"I like the apartment," Marinette noted, looking outside the window. "It's a great view. Plus it's a change from your last house."

"Yeah, but that one was by the water. I liked that one. I felt like I could jump out the window and land in the water." The girls laughed. Lila looked at Marinette as she took out items. She seemed...lost.

"Hey...I know it's been awhile, but is everything alright? You seem different and distant." Marinette froze for a moment but regained her posture.

"It's nothing, just tired from school." Lila raised an eyebrow as she put down her lamp and crossed her arms.

"Marinette, you know you can't lie to me." The baker girl knew that tone. This was serious. The girl stuttered as she tried to not get Lila involved with any class drama before she even met them. The Italian eventually broke her and Marinette spilled how things were going lately. Lila was shocked about their sudden change towards her.

Lila wanted her new classmates to burn and she hasn't even met them yet. She had a wicked idea. "Why don't we get them to show their dark side?" Marinette tilted her head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Lila smiled.

"Let's play a game." The girls spent the rest of the evening plotting and binging a show on Lila's computer. 

As the parents got ready to depart and let the Rossis sleep, Marinette and Lila's plan was set in stone.

Lila would show up as the new girl with many tales to share. Lila was in drama club in her past schools and has scored so many leads that everyone believed she would be a famous actor one day. Lila wanted to test her skills. Lila would then start to mistreat Marinette and lie about it to see if anyone would stick up for her. It would just be simple lies, like misplacing items or lying about something or someone.