Uncertain Future

⚠️Technically spoilers for S5⚠️

Hawkmoth is yet again annoyed that he was again defeated. He was going to do whatever it takes to make his wish come true. But everyone keeps telling him that he won't get his wife back or to stop. The kwamis try to show him what could happen if he succeeds in bringing back his wife.

Hawkmoth growls in anger and annoyance as Ladybug yet again deakumatizes another citizen. He hates the heroine, she gets in the way and always finds a way to stop the akuma. But she doesn't understand., 

Ladybug, Cat Noir, the citizens, they doesn't understand why he's doing this. He needs this so everything can be right again. He needs their miraculouses so the world can be perfect again.

Even the kwamis are trying to discourage him. And it's getting on his nerves.

"You can't make that wish!" Trixx pleads.

"The universe must stay in balanceee." Sass warns.

"If you make the wish for your wife, someone will be lost in her place!" Pollen says.

"Please master, see reason." Nooroo pleads. Gabriel growls again.

"I have to bring her back, I promised! I will bring her back if it's the last thing I do." Gabriel starts thinking of another potential plan. He wants an akuma to try and get at much people as possible to fight the duo like Zombizou, and get their miraculouses. While he's planning, the kwamis are discussing what to do in a little circle.

"What do we do? If he makes the wish there's no telling what could happen!" Ziggy says.

"There has to be a way to convince Master that this is a horrible idea!" Nooroo says.

Trixx thought for a moment. "Maybe there is a way!" The other kwamii looked in confusion. "We can ask Fluff for help!"

"I don't know..." Mullo said.

"If we can get Hawkmoth into a reality where everything goes wrong, it can smack some sense into him!" Pollen agreed. The kwamii didn't have any other ideas so they gave it a shot. 

While Gabriel was distracted, they were able to get Bunnyx to agree to the idea and drag him into an alternate reality. Bunnyx dropped Gabriel on the roof of a tall building as he grumbled.

"Why have you brought me here? Where are we?" Gabriel asked, looking around.

"We are in a world where you sadly succeeded in getting the miraculous wish." Gabriel smiled truimphantly.

"Yes, it is possible!" Bunnyx rolled her eyes.

"But there is a cost." She turned his head around to a building that had a large screen, showing the news. The headline read Emilie Agreste's Sudden Return; Son Disappears. Gabriel is in shock.

"W-what happened?" Bunnyx shushes him and points to the screen.

Nadja Chamack was reporting from in front of the Agreste Mansion. "This afternoon, an interesting story has unfolded. Out of the blue, Gabriel's Agreste's missing wife Emilie Agreste has mysteriously returned. What makes this story even stranger, is the fact that now Adrien Agreste, their teenage son and famous model, is now missing. Friends of the model say he was there at school, and afterschool he left and didn't hear from him. Citizens speculate that a darker incident occurred, but none of them have evidence to prove them to be credible. More on this story will unfold..." Gabriel drowned out the rest.

He couldn't believe it. He was able to bring his wife back, and they were going to be a happy family again. But his son suddenly disappears in her place. 

Bunnyx watches as the adult tries to understand. "Let's go to another reality." They go through another portal.

In this reality, Ladybug and Cat Noir are fighting. They are taken down, and a cameraman is broadcasting the event. Their identities are revealed, and Gabriel is shocked to find his son as his enemy. He was attacking teenagers, just kids, for this wish. It put him in a bad light.

Hawkmoth combines the miraculouses and starts the process to make his wish. Marinette and Adrien are running towards him with poles and pipes, trying to stop him. As he finished the chant and Emilie started to wake, Adrien looked suddenly tired and dizzy. Marinette turned around to find Adrien falling to the floor, unmoving. "Adrien!" Her yell echoed. 

Hawkmoth turned around to see his son on the ground, not moving. He was pale and looked to be asleep. Marinette put her ear against his chest and her eyes widened, and she started to do CPR. "Wake up!" She kept repeating.

Hawkmoth looked in shock as he looked back and forth between his son and his wife, and he understood. He looked at Adrien, but then looked right at Gabriel and Bunnyx. Gabriel looked into the eyes of his alternate identity and for the first time, he saw what everyone else saw: A monster.

Bunnyx kept showing him a bunch of different realities, all ending with either getting his wife back but loosing another person, or he loses both his wife and his son. Finally, after 10 more worlds, Gabriel had enough. Bunnyx returned him back home, where he kneeled down in his office. It was now night, city lights twinkling in the distance.

"Do you see what they kwamis were warning you about now?" Bunnyx asked the cowering man. "You can't bring her back, not without someone else taking her place. The universe has to stay in balance." Bunnyx opened a portal, about to go inside when she turned around. 

"Try to appreciate what's in front of you." The portal closed, and Gabriel was left alone in his office. The kwamis stared at him as he slowly got up, walked to Adrien's room, and kneeled by his bed. He was sleeping, and thankfully Plagg sensed his presence and hid.  

Adrien felt a presence in the room as well and groggily sat up. He was shocked to find his father there, but was even more shocked to suddenly find his father hugging him. 

Whatever made him do it, Adrien didn't question as he hugged back.

I've had this idea for so long and I finally did it

1000 words