Hawkmoth's Reveal

A requested part 2 of Hawkmoth's Reveal to A Day To Remember

Some stuff might be different cuz it was awhile after I posted it so pretend it's like a few weeks or month time skip💀

I had a prewritten message that I forgot I already wrote in another chapter so I had to search to find it🥲

Marinette was smiling much more now. And it was all thanks to current events.

You see, Lila was exposed on live tv. And the rest of the class went down wither. The principal and her teacher were fired, Lila and Alya were in prison, and everyone else had community service for a few months. Things were turning up well for her.

Nino was happier as well. The world was brighter, the birds chirped louder, and he was the happiest he has been in awhile. It felt refreshing.

He loved Aurore a lot. He admired how dedicated she can be and defended that topic until the end. She also made sure to let Nino feel appreciated and have his opinion on anything. Marinette was glad that Nino was now in a healthier relationship with a more trustworthy person, and felt that he would be better from now on. But now, it was back to business.

Now that Lila was out of the way, Marinette can focus on finding out Hawkmoth's identity. And she already has narrowed it down to one person: Gabriel Agreste.

There were few notable signs that went with it as well. The black tiles on the floor of Adrien's house were black moths. There was a moth shape in the glass of the building. Hell, even Adrien's shoe logo was a moth. Either the man secretly loves moths and butterflies, or he's Hawkmoth. And if that's right, that means Natalie has a chance of also being Maurya.

And if those two are the villains, that means their motive is simple: to bring Gabriel's wife back with the wish. But it's not going to work out, it never does. Not in the way the person wants it to.

Tikki told Marinette a story once about how someone used the wish to get someone back that they lost. The man, Peter, was separated from his wife, Sarah, when a war broke out. He came back for her a couple of months later, only to find out she died when the town was bombed. He found the miraculous and wished for her to come back. 

Of course, there's always a gray area in magic. If you aren't specific enough, it can go either way.

He asked for his wife to come back, but the universe must stay in balance.

The wish brought his wife back, but in return Peter died. Sarah was heartbroken, and out of misery she committed suicide to be with her love again. It was a tragic love story, one that was too common throughout time.

That was when the kwamii made it an official rule: no one should use the wish, especially not for personal gain. It has terrible consequences for whoever uses it, and it's best not to tamper with universal balances.

And that's when Marinette realizes what could happen. If the wish is made, someone would have to take Emilie's place. It could be anyone, or it could even be Adrien! The real question was, did Gabriel know? Or does he not care? 

Whatever the reason, Marinette quickly called Chloe to tell her the theory. Together, they gathered the team and came up with a plan to take down Hawkmoth.

✨✨✨

The plan was obvious. Making it happen was a different story.

The plan was to lure Hawkmoth out and use his weakness against him. Now they don't know where his wife is, but they might know where Mayura is.