2. I'm Not Asking To Marry Him

As the joust raged on the Queen Aemma was in a different kind of war. Aemma's screams and wails echoed but everyone was having to grand of a time to notice.

'What's happening?' Aemma questioned nervously as she panted for breath.

'The infant is in breech, Your Grace.'

'All attempts to turn the babe have failed.' They told her solemnly so her screams continued she was going to lose another child.

'Do something for her!' Viserys demanded when Mellos told him of Aemma's condition.

'We've given her as much milk of the poppy as we can without risking the child. Your Queen is a strong woman. She's fighting with all her might, but it may not be enough.' Viserys left the joust quickly he couldn't lose another chance at a son.

'No!' Aemma screamed out still trying to get the child from her womb.

'Aemma. Aemma... I'm here. I'm here.' Viserys coed coming to her side.

'Help me, please...' Aemma whispered through pained breaths.

'I'm here. It's all right. It's all right.' Viserys coed but men could never understand the pain of labor.

'I don't wanna do this.' Aemma murmured

'You're going to be all right. You're going to be all right.'

+

Metal struck down hard as the contenders were getting violent, lunging from their horses and taking their losses to heart, mutilating their competitors.

'And the day grows ugly.' Aislynn declared. "Now the real fun begins." She jumped up at Arthur stepped forward. "Go Art!" Aislynn declared clapping loudly.

'I wonder if this is how we should celebrate the birth of our future king.'

' Hm?'

'With wanton violence.'

"That is what kings do best, expect for our Viserys the peaceful." Aislynn countered back at Rhaenys and Corlys. "Go Arthur!"

'It's been 70 years since King Maegor's end.' Rhaenys reminded them 'These knights are as green as summer grass. None have known real war. Their lords sent them to the tourney field with fists full of steel and balls full of seed, and we expect them to act with honor and grace. It's a marvel that war didn't break out at first blood.'

"My brothers know war." Aislynn corrected. "Just because driftmark is swimming in the waters all day doesn't mean the rest of the world is at peace."

"Aislynn, sit down." Otto begged but she moved to the edge of the balcony leaning on the railing as Arthur won the bout.

"GO ART!" She declared happily. "Tom's up next." Aislynn remarked as Alicent came up to join her. Aislynn leaned into her happily. She didn't like the capital but she missed her little sister. Their mother died giving birth to their youngest brother, Alicent was barely 6 when Finn came along. Aislynn became the mother to them all although she was nine herself at the time. Their father was a mess, a new babe, her elder brothers did what they could so when Otto brought Alicent to the capital, he had wanted Aislynn to come with, hoped to find her a match soon enough but she enjoyed her time at Old Town with her brothers, enjoyed causing too much trouble. But Alicent's favorite person in the whole world was her sister.

"Go TOMMY!" Aislynn declared happily as he came up to the viewing box.

"Sister dearest, might I have you favor?" Tommy questioned. "Or I am not worthy?"

"You my dear are more than worthy." Aislynn agreed dropping hers down she watched it swirl around the pole until it hit his hand.

"Thank you sweetheart, I'm never going to lose now." Tommy declared as Aislynn blew him a kiss. Otto rolled his eyes but he was gladdened by his children's friendship. How close they were, protective, he just wished Aislynn would start looking for a husband and less content in her brothers company.

'Mellos.' Viserys exclaimed

'Your Grace. If you would.' Mellos said urging the king away from his wife. 'During a difficult birth, it sometimes becomes necessary for the father... to make an impossible choice.'

'Well, speak it.' Viserys said urgently.

'To sacrifice one... or to lose them both. There is a chance that we can save the child. A technique is taught at the Citadel, which involves cutting directly into the womb to free the infant.' Mellos told him and Viserys listened intently. 'But the resulting blood loss...'

'Seven Hells, Mellos.' Viserys muttered he couldn't sacrifice his wife... could he? 'You can save the child?' Viserys questioned.

'We must either act now or leave it with the gods.' Mellos told him

+

'Ser Criston Cole will now tilt against Ser Daemon Targaryen, Prince of the City!' they declared and the crowd broke out in cheers as the competitors got ready.

"He's not bad." Aislynn remarked fondly.

"He's a commoner." Otto reminded her.

"I'm not asking to marry him." Aislynn corrected. "I'm just admiring his skill." Otto shook his head as Aislynn leaned in.

'Sword!' Daemon demanded.

'Prince Daemon Targaryen wishes to continue in a contest of arms!' Master of revels declared to the crowd as they started a hand to hand, sword to sword duel. The men grunted as they shuffled around the sandy ground, the crowds cheering echoing with the clattering of their swords.

'Yield. Yield.' Daemon said calmly, he was on his back, Criston's sword pointed down at him but Daemon just chuckled. 'Gods. He's Dornish.'

"Damn." Aislynn remarked. "That was sexy." Alicent blushed. "One day you will start liking boys and I'm going to be right here to help you weed out the weirdos and our brothers will handle the others." Aislynn remarked.

'I was hoping to ask for the Princess's favor.' Criston said coming up to the viewing box, Rhaenyra smiled down at him.

'I wish you luck, Ser Criston.' Rhaenyra said dropping her crown down

'Princess.' He replied with a charming smile but his gaze met Aislynn she smiled back at him before taking her seat.

+

'Congratulations, Your Grace. You have a son.' Mellos said as the baby was delivered. The baby started to cry.

'It's a boy?' Viserys said happily

'A new heir, Your Grace.' Mellos confirmed 'Had you and the Queen chosen a name?'

'Baelon.' Viserys whimpered out.