112. The Hightower's Send Their Regards

Untouched Gold / Tywin Lannister / Avalon Targaryen out now!!

Rhaenyra couldn't believe she had kept it all this time.

''Queen Alicent has not forgotten the love you once had for each other. No blood need be spilled. The realm can carry on in peace.... Queen Alicent eagerly awaits your answer" Otto told her gently.

" She can have her answer now, stuffed in her father's mouth along with his withered cock." Daemon spat.   ''Let's end this now... Ser Erryk, bring me Lord Hightower's head so I may take the pleasure myself." Swords were drawn and Syrax moved down ready to strike.

"Don't be like this, Daemon. I still like you." Aislynn warned drawing her bow.

"You like me

"You like me. I like you. Lets talk more on that." Daemon agreed and otto rolled his eyes annoyed.

"No." Rhaenyra said calmly.  ''King's Landing will have my answer on them on the morning.''

Aislynn kept her bow trained on Daemon even after daemons men retreated. Otto and his men huffed a breath but aislynn stood at a face off with Daemon. She lowered her bow and moved closer to him.

"Got a moment to catch up?" Aislynn pondered strutting towards him.

"Of course Gorgeous." Daemon purred as Aislynn pulled him aside.

"I have an offer for you Daemon. You and You alone." Aislynn remarked and Daemon quirked a brow.

"I'm intrigued."

"Of course you are." Aislynn agreed. "Come on walk with me." Daemon glanced back at the castle, at otto, glaring at them cautiously.

"Something for other ears not to hear." Daemon mused.

"You want the crown, what if I give you a position on the council again. This war is going to be bloody, lives lost. I know you don't care for Rhaenyra you care for her crown so lets make a deal."

"I want the crown, not just a seat-"

"I know that. But Aegon is young and unexperienced. I need someone that knows this world, the war of it. I'm offering you the position of master of war. Dragonstone is yours without challenge. Driftmark as well."

"Luke-"

"Yours." Aislynn corrected.

"And what do I need to do to secure this?" Daemon pondered.

"Oh, that's easy. Bend the knee... and Kill Rhaenyra.''

"That easy?" Daemon mused. 

"Bend and kill, kill and Bend..." Aislynn agreed. "What do you say, wear that crown of bones, that was sexy. Rule over two areas be seen and known not as the failure brother like Viserys deemed you, not as second best to Rhaenyra. But you. Daemon. Prince Daemon... wanted, needed, powerful." He smiled in agreement. He liked the sound of that. She hesitated when he turned away from her though without another word. "Daemon?" Aislynn demanded. 

Daemon smirked back at her over his shoulder. 

+

'It's no easy thing for a man to be a dragon slayer" Daemon remarked. " But dragons can kill dragons and have. The simple truth is this, we have more dragons than Aegon." Daemon reminded them debating over Aislynn's words. Did he want to be in Rhaenyra's shadow just as he was in Viserys shadow...

''Viserys spoke often of the Valyrian histories.'' Rhaenyra remarked. 

  'I know them well.'' Daemon agreed. "Viserys spewed them like it would bring an answer instead of boredom. Rhaenyra glared back at Daemon.  

'When dragons flew to war, everything burned.'' Rhaenyra reminded them. ''I do not wish to rule over a kingdom of ash and bone.''

''Are you considering the HighTower's terms, Your Grace?''

''As Queen, what is my true duty to the realm, Lord Bartimus? Ensuring peace and unity, or that I sit the Iron Throne no matter the cost?'' Rhaenyra offered but she knew her answer verses the right answer. She wanted the throne. 

''That's your father talking.'' Daemon corrected. 

''My father's dead. And he chose me as his successor. To defend the realm, not cast it headlong into war." Rhaenyra reminded her council.

"The enemy have declared war. What are you going to do about it?" Daemon demanded.

''Clear the room." Rhaenyra demanded ''Does the promise of war excite you?''

"We cannot bend the knee to the Hightowers. They stole your birthright." Daemon reminded her gaging her reaction.

''If you could take the Iron Throne without putting Otto Hightower's head on a spike, would you?" Rhaenyra countered and Daemon scoffed as he walked the room. She was weak, even if they won this battle they would lose and Rhaenyra would burn them to the ground all the same, he wasnt about to burn. 

''Are you not angry?'' Daemon pondered. 

'' Well, I should declare war because I'm angry.'' Rhaenyra suggested sarcastically.

''No, because it's your duty as queen to crush rebellion." Daemon corrected. Aislynn understood that, she had the strength and mentality to destroy her enemies, Rhaenyra clearly didnt and if she let people stomp over her as she had been doing since her affair with Harwin she would continue to run, she would never be a queen. Daemon would be following an idiot to the grave. 

''You know my oath reaches beyond our personal ambitions.'' Rhaenyra let out a long sigh as she looked to Daemon ''A song of ice and fire.'

''What?''

''The coming war against the darkness in the north will conquer his dream. But Viserys shared it with me when he named to me heir..." Rhaenyra recalled softly.

''My brother was a slave to his own man's importance. Anything to make his feckless reign appear to have purpose" Daemon seethed as he wrapped his hand around Rhaenyra's neck, her eyes went wide as she stared back at him. ''Dreams didn't make us kings. Dragons did.'' Daemon stared her down a moment longer. She clawed at his hand as his grip tightened. She rasped for breath. A wicked smile curved his devilishly handsome face. "The Hightowers send their regards." Daemon remarked and Rhaenyras eyes went wide before her neck snapped under his harsh grip.