4. Shameless

"I was thinking we go home." Aislynn declared.

"I thought you wanted to find a handsome knight to call you Amoret?" John countered and Aislynn stuck her tongue out at him.

"They are picking a new guard for the kings guard." Arthur corrected.

"And that affects me how?" Aislynn countered.

"Amoret you know nothing." John remarked.

"I know that if you are sworn to the kings guard you take no wives, no children, and are sworn to celibacy... you three are not giving up your simple pleasures." Aislynn corrected. Her brothers shared a look before nodding.

"Fuck it lets get a drink before we head back." Tommy agreed but Aislynn's focus had already shifted.

Rhaenyra followed her guards out begrudgingly. As she looked over the knights she was severely disappointed though.

'This knight will protect you as well.' Harrold remarked. 'You should choose.' he told Rhaenyra. 'Ser Desmond Caron, a fine knight, Princess.' Ser Harrold remarked. "Step forward, Ser Desmond. Son of Ser Royce Caron, Ser Desmond has proved strong and steady in both the tourney lists and without. While traveling through the Kingswood on his way to King's Landing, Ser Desmond recently brought a would-be poacher to justice. You might thank him for his service, Princess." Harrold remarked.

"We thank you for your loyal service to The Crown, ser." Rhaenyra told him stiffly, still unimpressed.

"Cole right?" Aislynn questioned.

"That's right my lady." Criston agreed.

"You took Daemon down at the heirs tourney." Aislynn recalled.

"Yes, my lady." Criston agreed again as he looked her over discreetly.

"I'm Aislynn Hightower." She introduced. "I have to say I was impressed by you and you are even cuter up close."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Criston said failing at hiding his blush.

"Ser Rymun Mallister. Son of Lord Lymond Mallister of Seagard. Winner of the melee at Cider Hall. He was the last mounted of three-and-twenty knights. Ser Rymun was knighted at eight-and-ten." Harrold went on.

"Do any of these knights have combat experience?" Rhaenyra questioned. "Beyond capturing poachers." She added.

'Ser Criston Cole.' Harrold went on "Son of the steward of the Lord of Blackhaven."

"That's me." Criston remarked finding it hard to move away from Aislynn.

"That is you." Aislynn agreed but Criston's feet wouldnt move. Aislynn chuckled linking her arm with his and moving him to Rhaenyra.

"Be welcome, Ser Criston. You saw combat in the Stormlands." Rhaenyra remarked and Aislynn tapped his back as he cleared his throat.

"Y-yes... Dornish marches, Princess. I fought for a year as a foot solider against the Dornish incursions. Ser Arlan Dondarrion knighted me after we razed two of the watchtowers along the Boneway." Criston informed her trying to keep his focus on Rhaenyra and not shifting back to Aislynn as she took a step away from him.

"I choose Ser Criston Cole." Rhaenyra said immediately.

"I would too." Aislynn agreed. "Pity." She rasped as she headed back to her brothers.

"Let's not be too hasty, Princess." Harrold said quietly. "There's no doubt Ser Criston is a fine warrior, but houses such as Crakehall and Mallister are important allies of The Crown. Seagard, for instance, is the realm's prime defense against reavers from the Iron Islands." Harrold reminded her.

"Those men are tourney knights. My father should be defended by a man who's known real combat. Should he not?" Rhaenyra countered.

"Of course, Princess." Harrold agreed.

"Well, let us plan Ser Criston's investiture then." Rhaenyra decided. "Aislynn, are you leaving?" Rhaenyra questioned following after her.

"Got to get this one back home." Aislynn agreed running her fingers through Finn's hair. "And have to escape before father finds out I am not marrying Sabini like he very bluntly organized not thinking I would put up a fight apparently."

"It's like he doesn't know you at all." John agreed as Tommy chuckled.

"That man is a creep." Aislynn remarked. "I have to handle that problem before it become an actual problem."

"I'm going to miss you, you didn't stay long enough." Rhaenyra countered.

"I will see you soon." Aislynn assured. "Especially now that you have such handsome eye candy on the kings guard." Aislynn added with a wink to Criston.

"Shameless." Rhaenyra whispered.

"When he's got a face like that, hells yes." Aislynn agreed. "I have to say goodbye to Ali, but I will see you soon." Aislynn assured hugging her again. "And you best bet I want to ride a dragon when I come back."

"Sometimes I don't know how you and Alicent are related." Rhaenyra remarked.

"Me either." Aislynn agreed teasingly.