68. Wide Awake

Crawling was stupid. Crawling was so stupid, Clayton declared it. You hurt your knees and got your hands all dirty, he took after his mother in that sense, he didnt like being dirty. He ran and fell and ran and fell and Jaeton and Finn helped him back up every time like the best big brothers. 

Aislynn loved the country side of Old town, she didnt get this back at the capital. Jaeton ran up holding out a bug in his hand.

"Dont see too many pretty bugs, only the big nasty ones." Aislynn remarked. 

"Yeah." Jaeton agreed. 

"what did you find?' Aislynn pondered. 

"I dont know." Jaeton admitted. 

 'a lady bug.'' Aislynn remarked. "It's called a lady bug."

''Ady Bug.' Clayton repeated as Criston carried him outside. 

"Hello Handsomes." Aislynn purred. 

"Hi." Criston whispered. Clayton reached out for Aislynn. 

"Hi baby, baby." Aislynn pulled him to her. "Hi baby." She repeated pressing a long kiss to Cristons cheek. 

'What color is it?" Aislynn questioned. She kissed Claytons his head pulling him closer. "Clay? Do you know?"

"I don ow.' Clayton answered poking a finger out at the lady bug. 

"yes you do know, come on show daddy how smart you are.' Aislynn encouraged and Criston felt a joy in his chest that he hadn't felt before. Daddy, he was daddy. Aislynn smiled over at him. Criston wondered how their life would have turned out. If they gave it a shot, if he never said yes to the kings guard and he had her to hold forever. 

Being around someone so good, someone that didn't want anything from him, besides love. He looked at Aislynn, he had to focus on something else he could practically feel himself drooling over her, felt himself going hard at the purr in her voice. 

'What color? What Color Clay? Jaeton? Come on...' Aislynn encouraged kissing his little head.

'Ed.'' Clayton decided.

'Red, thats Good and...' Criston prompted.

'Black!" Jaeton exclaimed.

'Red and Black! That's right, my smart boys.' Aislynn applauded and Clayton grinned up at her.

'So smart.' Criston agreed.

"You are my smart boy. All my smart boys." Aislynn declared. 

They walked the gardens, Otto stared back at them fondly. He knew her dislike for Harwin. He knew her love of Criston. He could be ignorant just like Viserys. He could do that, for his daughters happiness.

"Purp.' Clayton said pointing at a flower.

"Purple. That's right love.' Aislynn agreed. 

'What about this one?" Criston questioned, Jaeton still held onto Cristons hand. Criston loved that too. Jaeton was Harwin's son and yet he held onto his hand as they walked. Aislynn peppered Claytons face with kisses.

'Blue!" Jaeton exclaimed happily.

"So smart.' Aislynn repeated happily.

'Dis Ed too.' Clayton said pointing at a rose.

'What kind of flower is that?" Aislynn questioned.

"Aislynn whats your middle name?" Criston mused smiling back at her and Jaeton thought about that. 

'ROSE!" Jaeton shouted a big smile on his face. 'It a rose!"

"Aislynn you raised the smartest little boys in the world." Criston remarked. Jaeton nodded approvingly and Aislynn smiled leaning into Criston. 

"Must get it from you." Aislynn whispered kissing his cheek before she placed a million kisses on Clayton's face as he giggled out. 

Otto greeted them with a welcoming smile, supper on the table and smiles on their messy cheesy covered faces. Aislynn reached out wiping at their faces. 

Otto couldnt see it but he saw it. Criston holding Aislynns hand under the table and the simple act made him smile. 

"Are you tired, little love? You had a big day of exploring.' Aislynn remarked as their plates were cleared off. 

'No.' JAeton corrected.

'You look tired.' Aislynn corrected. "You too Clay..." Clayton looked wide awake though and ready for more fun. "Look at daddy and granddad practically sleep walking." She teased. Criston smiled over at her and he half expected Otto to say something snide but he just chuckled. "Jaeton are you sure honey?"

'I'm not tired!' Jaeton said jumping up and around to prove he wasnt tired and wide awake.

"Wide awake," Otto agreed. "You were like that, a night owl." Aislynn smiled back at him. 

"Well I'm tired... lets go get some cake to wake me up." Aislynn suggested. 

"Such a good role model Aislynn." Otto mused.

"I am, thank you for noticing." Aislynn agreed as she tossed her hair over her shoulder. 

Cake turned into Jaeton passed out in his frosting and Clayton still babbling happily. She leaned over in Finn's old crib tickling him, trying to get all the craziness out of him before bed. 

"Good mother you are aislynn." Otto declared when he saw them together, heard the giggles. 

"I had good parents to teach me right

"I had good parents to teach me right." AIslynn remarked as Clayton giggled out. 

"I like Ser Criston for you." Otto added gently and Aislynn quirked a brow but Otto said nothing else just headed out. 

"I like him too!" Aislynn called after her father.