43. Fight Amoret

"I have a name picked out." Aislynn whimpered. "If I dont-"

"You are not going to die." Harwin corrected. "This baby needs you. I need you too." Aislynn nodded but her gaze shifted to Tommy.

"Fight Amoret. You are a Hightower. You fight." Tommy demanded. "Fight Amoret. Win."

"Alright looks like baby is in position, lets try again." The maester remarked. 

It seemed to rage on forever. She forgot why she wanted a child when this was the pain that ran through her. But after hours after feeling like she was being ripped apart and bleeding out when she claimed she had enough, she needed to stop. It hurt too much. 

"Fight Amoret." Tommy begged as she sobbed leaning into him. 

"I dont want to. I'm tired Tommy." Aislynn rasped. 

"You can sleep after." Tommy corrected. "Push. Meet your baby." 

She was about to give up again, she couldnt keep doing this, it was hours of pain, was she really that old? No, she was young and in shape and this should have been easier, right? But she was struggling. It hurt, this little baby was killing her she was sure of it but a baby boy was brought into the world.

She brought a son into the world. He was screaming and shouting and kicking. 

"A boy my lady, a boy." Aislynn reached for him as they swaddled him. 

"A boy." She coed kissing his little face as he wailed out. 

What is this place? Aislynn thought he was screaming out, I was so damn comfy in mamas tummy. I want to get back in there. Aislynn blocked out the rest of the world as he baby wailed out confused. 

"What name did you have in mind?" Harwin questioned. "I was thinking-"

"His name is Jaeton Finnley." Aislynn remarked as Finn came up resting his chin on her shoulder. Finn was the first one in when they got the okay. 

"Jaeton?" Harwin questioned. 

"Jaeton Finnley." Aislynn agreed daring him to challenge her. 

"A fine name." Tommy declared. "Jaeton Finnley Hightower." Harwin stared back at him, Aislynn heard the growl from Harwin's lips but she didnt care. This was her baby. Harwin still needed to prove himself worthy.

"He's cute." Finn remarked smiling down at him once Jaeton settled. "But are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"He did." Aislynn agreed. "But it was worth it."

"Are you hungry? You are really pale." Finn remarked. 

"I'm just tired." Aislynn corrected. Jaeton whimpered out. "This little man is hungry though." 

"Okay." Finn agreed not moving. 

"Come on, lets get Aislynn something to eat Finn." Arthur suggested. "Good job, I wouldnt be mad if he came out with anything other than black hair." he added kissing AIslynns cheek. 

Aislynn positioned his little face on her breast once her brothers cleared out. Alicent sat beside her, Harwin sat at the edge of the bed silently. 

"I'm going to do better Aislynn." Harwin assured her. 

"You better." Aislynn agreed as she closed her eyes. 

Finn was right, she was pale. She had lost alot of blood. She didnt have the strength to get out of bed. She moved from Jaeton's crib beside her and right back. She wasnt hungry and Jaeton began gnawing uselessly at her tit. He whimpered out little fingers pinching at her skin. 

"Whats wrong with her?" Harwin pondered. 

"Lost a lot of blood, her body is still recovering." The maester offered. 

"She clearly isnt. She doesnt eat, she's pale, she sleeps all day, do something." Harwin demanded. 

"Look at you Strong, taking command." TOmmy mused moving past him. "Amoret, tea." Tommy remarked putting it down in front of her. Her eyes drifted to it. "Crisps." She sighed taking a little sip and it took all her energy to move reaching for her cup. Jaeton stared back at TOmmy as though he could feed him. 

"Sorry lad, these teat dont work." Tommy offered. "Eat something you need it, Jaeton needs something." 

"So tired Tom." Aislynn countered. 

"Fucking fix her." Tommy demanded. 

+

"Nettle, commonly known as stinging nettle, is a herb that contains very high levels iron." Larys remarked as a tea was placed before her. "Neetle tea to help with the anemia."

"Thank you Larys." Aislynn remarked taking a sip. 

"And a salad filled with Parsley... it is a popular green herb native to the Mediterranean across the narrow sea, maesters found it had iron and folic acids, with vitamins. Vitamin C they have been studying, it helps absorb the iron, which helps get you back on your feet." 

"Thank you Larys." Aislynn repeated. "this tea is disgusting though." 

"It will get you feeling better." Otto corrected. 

 ''Dandelion is a herbaceous perennial plant good for purifying the blood and immune modulation." Aislynn nodded slowly. 

"You picked these from the field?" She mused. 

"Alfalfa, Watercress as well..." Aislynn looked over at the salad. "Nuts and beans, dried fruits... wellness in a bowl." Larys offered. 

"Thank you Larys thats really sweet of you." Aislynn assured. Finn sniffed the tea and shook his head. 

"I'm also having a tea brewed of Sorghum, a great millet... a fancy grass." Larys remarked seeing Aislynns confusion. 

"Grass and weeds. Wow Larys you must really like me." Aislynn mused. "Thank you, really. This is really sweet."