49. Why Her?

Aislynn found it hard to sleep beside Harwin some nights. She had once thought him so wonderful but now every night as he lay beside her holding onto her, lips grazing over shoulder what once gave her shivers now made her think of all the other women he might have been fucking while married to her. 

How many bastards did he have running around? Did he even know?

She shifted again in bed and his hand slid down around her hips. She wanted to love him, for this to work but why did he have to fuck Rhaenyra of all people? Why her? Why someone she had to see every damn day? Why did she have to bear his children? Why did the world have to act as though it were nothing when Aislynn was pissed off and wanted someone to call him out. Wanted the world to see that the both of them were awful. 

"Where are you going?" harwin rasped and damnit if she didnt love that deep voice. 

"Jaeton's crying." Aislynn lied.

"I dont hear him." Harwin countered trying to get her back into bed, trying to fall back asleep. 

"I hear him and he needs me." Aislynn corrected. He reluctantly let her go and she shifted off to the edge of the bed, she sat there. She took a steadying breath and was about to get up when Harwin's calloused hand grazed her arm. 

"I can get him if you want to sleep." Harwin offered and Aislynn sighed her shoulders slumped and she wanted to crawl back into bed and pretend Jace and Luke did not exist. She wanted to pretend that they were fine and everything was good and start over but when she turned to look at him she saw his betrayal, like it burned right through him and searing into her. 

"You dont have tits that provide him a midnight snack." Aislynn offered and she kept her voice light, she kept her tone even and even offered him a slight smile. Harwin nodded propping himself up on his elbow and leaned forward giving her a simple kiss. 

"Go back to sleep." Aislynn whispered as she got up slipping on her slippers and throwing on a robe. She picked up Jaeton and his eyes drifted open, clearly in a good deep sleep. 

"Sorry baby." Aislynn whispered as she left. Jaeton gave a little moan before falling back alseep against her. She pushed open Tommys door and closed it silently. He was asleep and alone, so that was a good start. Aislynn slipped off her slippers and shrugged off her robe. She put Jaeton down and lay down beside him trapping Jaeton between them. 

Aislynn ran a hand down Jaeton's back as he drifted off again but Tommy rolled over in bed when he felt the weight shift.

"Amoret?"

"Go to sleep." Aislynn whispered. 

"What are you doing here, love?" Tommy countered. 

"Sleeping." 

"Aislynn, what happened?" Tommy begged reaching out and running a hand down her arm. 

"It's hard to sleep in the same bed as him." Aislynn admitted. "He touches me and... its not even sex." Aislynn whispered. "It's just every little touch. I want to move on but Tommy... why did it have to be her?"

"I dont know love." Tommy remarked gently. "You can stay here, as long as you want. As long as you need." Tommy agreed. 

"Thanks Tom." Aislynn whispered. "Dont smush Jaeton in your sleep." she added. 

"What do you think I'm doing at night? I sleep. I'm not at a battle royale in my dreams." Tommy teased. 

"Aegon kicks in his sleep." Aislynn remarked. "Like ninja kicking."

"And you know this because?" He pondered. 

"He has a bad dream and he comes to get me and says the bad dreams go away... Finn said the same thing when he was little." Aislynn recalled. 

"You are a great mum and aunt." Tommy remarked. "I just wish you had a great husband."

"Can't have it all." Aislynn mused. 

"Amoret-"

"Night Tom." Aislynn begged he nodded laying back on his back staring up at the ceiling. Aislynn curling around Jaeton keeping him from rolling off in the night. She didnt know when she finally fell asleep but when she woke Tommy was already talking to Jaeton. He held Jaeton up over his head. Jaeton giggled out smiling down at him. 

"You two are so cute together

"You two are so cute together." Aislynn declared. 

"I dont care what Art says, he got the Hightower good looks." Tommy remarked turning his head and smiling back at her. 

"Thanks for being the best brother ever."

"What do you need me to do Amoret? I will do it." Tommy assured as he put Jaeton down. 

"Kill him?"