83. Hold Your Ego

Monster / Petyr Baelish out now!

Aislynn held up a finger to harwin. Choice middle finger to be exact before holding her book again. Her eyes never left the page.

"The wife is about to kill her husband... its a great book. Really educational." Aislynn remarked and Harwin sat down at the end of the bed. "Graphic, books are amazing, its like a how to guide..."

"And you may speak now

"And you may speak now." Aislynn remarked putting her back down in her lap.

"We are leaving, I have been dismissed and my father wants me to take over at Harenhall." Harwin remarked. Aislynn nodded standing up. 

"Well, wow... you should have thought twice before you fucked Rhaenyra." Aislynn offered. "And now you are fucking dead to me." 

"Aislynn, come on this is serious." Harwin groaned. 

"So am I." She assured. "Let me hold your ego while you get your bags packed." Aislynn offered.

"Harrenhall is alright, Jaeton might-"

"What?" Aislynn questioned confused.

"We are leaving." Harwin reminded her.

"No. You are leaving. I'm staying." Aislynn corrected.

"You are my wife."

"A shit time to use that card." Aislynn corrected. 

"Aislynn." he said through an exasperated breath.

"Harwin," she snapped back. "If you wanted a wife, you should have tried harder over the past ten years... sucks for you I'm sure a handsome egotistical man such as yourself will find another whore to keep your cock warm."

"Aislynn don't do this, Jaeton, Clayton and Emmett are my boys."

"Says who?" Aislynn sneered. "They are mine. Mine and mine alone."

+

''Be good to your mother, lads. I'll visit when I can. But that may be some time.'' Harwin remarked looking down at the boys. ''Jace. I will return... I promise.'' harwin knew that Jace liked him better then his own boys, that was hard but it was his own damn fault.

''I will be a stranger when we meet again.'' Harwin said softly as Harwin hugged Jace goodbye.  ''Princess.'' Harwin whispered as he headed out.

''We will exchange letters by raven. Won't that be fun?'' Rhaenyra questioned as they watched Harwin leave.

''Is Harwin Strong my father? Am I a bastard?' Jace questioned looking up at her.

''You are a Targaryen. That's all that matters.'' Rhaenyra corrected.

+

"Aislynn-" Harwin tried again. "Come on, Harennhall can be a fresh start."

"No. I like it here. My sister and niece and nephews are here... I care about family." Aislynn corrected.  

"Am I not family?" Harwin countered. 

"You are dead to me. Have a nice life, dont visit, don't write, stay the fuck away from my children." Aislynn corrected. 

"Jaeton-"

"Have a nice life." Jaeton agreed. 

"Mama's boy." Harwin muttered. He looked to Clayton but he looked one wrong step from trying to saw off Harwin's leg for kicks. 

"You like his sword? Criston got it for him, Clayton declared he needed something sharper." Aislynn purred. 

"Bye boys..." Harwin murmured. 

"And keep walking!" Clayton shouted stabbing his sword out towards him. 

"Did you tell them to do that?" Alicent pondered. 

"Nope. They are just wonderful like that." Aislynn remarked. "I told them Harwin wanted to take them to Harrenhall and steal them away from me and they didnt like that. I said I really wanted to stay and well... they agreed. Staying with family was better." 

+

''A word?''

''I take it he's gone.''

''We're finished here. We're leaving.'' Rhaenyra demanded

''What of your offer? Jace and Helaena?'' Laenor countered

''I have been undermined... and made a spectacle. They whisper about me in the corridors. Well, I leave them to it.'' Rhaenyra hissed. "All them hightower bitches."

''To Dragonstone then?'' Laenor offered

''We should've left years ago.'' Rhaenyra admitted

''What of your position?'' Laenor countered. ''You've always said if you were absent from court, she would pour her honey in your father's ear."

 "The wise sailor flees the storm as it gathers.'' Rhaenyra offered she glanced back at Qarl. ''Laenor... bring him. We'll need every sword we can muster.''

Aislynn waved back at Rhaenyra from the courtyard as Clayton was testing out his new blade with Aegon and Aemond. 

"She's the whore." Rhaenyra seethed turning around and running right into Jaeton. 

"Dont talk about my mother." Jaeton demanded slowly. 

"I will do whatever the hell I want

"I will do whatever the hell I want." Rhaenyra corrected.

"Mother was right about you. The lot of you." Jaeton declared. "You best leave too, you wouldnt want to see me angry." 

 "What are you going to do?" Rhaenyra countered amused until Jaeton grabbed Jace's arm and kicked out his legs landing him face first in the ground. Jace whined out and Rhaenyra's eyes flared with rage. Aislynn's jaw dropped and eyes went wide before a smile curved her face laughing. 

"Thats just a taste." Jaeton warned letting him go. "Dont fuck with my family."