10. Never Find Love

Back To December / Cregan Stark out now!

Alicent and Aislynn's brothers had been very clear about how boys are a waste of time and will only disappoint them, and how they should just focus on their passions, which Aislynn loved. She hadnt found Mr. Right so it wasnt a real problem. But try as she might to force it away waiting for the right person, that romantic part of Aislynn was there. And it had been there for a while. But seeing Alicent so broken and their father so happy that Alicent would be the next queen. The love in Aislynn dropped as sharply off a cliff.

Her baby sister wouldnt be able to find love. How could Aislynn cope with that? How could ALicent? Being married to a grown man. Not a handsome grown man either. But Viserys.

So when Alicent was named to be the next queen of the seven kingdoms her elder sister, Aislynn was furious... with their father.

"She is a child!"

"She has flowered." Otto corrected.

''Its like you don't even care about her!'' Aislynn had shouted but Alicent grabbed her hand and said it was okay. ''He is a grown ass man!'' Aislynn corrected. ''Ali is a child.''

"How is your union going Aislynn?" Otto countered.

"This isnt about me. This is about Alicent!" Aislynn declared.

''Your brothers assured me that your union with sabini was under way.'' Otto countered

''Sabini... yeah. No. Tommy killed him. Best brother ever!" Aislynn declared.

''They wrote just the other day-" otto recalled. Aislynn smiled innocently. "Aislynn!"

"Best brothers ever.'' Aislynn repeated.

''Heavens Aislynn you should be wed!'' Otto declared.

''Yes. You are probably right about that. Im 18 but, but now hear the words Im telling you father.'' Aislynn declared

"Lynnie," Alicent whispered

"But Ali is 14, 15 next moon. That's too young and viserys is too old. If he was like a handsome muscled older man that's one thing but hes viserys." Aislynn declared.

"He's the king." Otto declared.

''Titles mean nothing to me''. Aislynn declared.

+

It was awful. Rhaenyra was mad, furious. Alicent didnt have a say. She was chosen to be Viserys queen, she didnt choose this. Alicent was a nervous wreck. Aislynn begged her father to end this union to save Alicent the pain.

Aislynn couldnt hear the words as Alicent spoke them. She leaned into her eldest brother, Arthur and he felt her annoyance radiating off of her.

They lean in. Their lips touch. Man and wife, king and queen.

Aislynn heard people clapping but she was just as pale as Alicent. Her baby sister. She couldnt believe she was married, she didnt care that she was the queen, she saw her sisters face and figured it mirror her own.

"We have a new queen." John remarked as Alicent passed them down the aisle.

"Kill the damn king." Aislynn corrected through a stiff breath.

"We can do that." Arthur agreed.

"No we can't thats the fucking king." John corrected.

"No, no... We can do that." Tommy agreed with a chuckle.

"Lips felt nasty," ALicent decided, "at least Viserys did. They're like little gross fleshy piles of flesh. It is disgusting to be a person." Alicent told Aislynn awkwardly.

"Oh honey." Aislynn coed hugging her.

"Come on drink up." John declared handing Alicent a tall glass. She took a little sip. "More than that... all the way." John tipped it back as Alicent chugged it down. "Good girl." John said as Alicent coughed out a breath.

"She's a baby, can't handle her liquor." Arthur reminded him.

"Shes the queen. Show her some respect." Tommy corrected. "Hey kiddo." Alicent hugged Tommy tight.

"How am I going to survive this?" Alicent whimpered.

"With all of us." Aislynn assured her. "Together, as a family. We can kick father out. We dont need him." Aislynn added.

"Fuck him!" Arthur agreed.

"Alright get little miss queenie a drink." John declared.

"Are you trying to get me drunk so I dont remember the bedding?" Alicent pondered. John offered her a pinched smile.

"Bedding? You arent having a bedding!" Aislynn declared. "No. I refuse. That is preposterous!" 

But of course Alicent had a bedding, 15 years young, married to a man se didnt love and forced to have the council watch as Viserys practically raped her.

It wasnt consensual, Alicent didnt want it, didnt want him, but she was his wife and what a woman said or wanted didnt matter. It was as though their voices were unheard.

Tommy had to hold Aislynn back from kicking the door down screaming this isnt right, you cant hurt her.

"He's the king, once its done she's done for the night." they told her but Aislynn shook her head. She couldnt imagine what Alicent was feeling right now. Her baby sister having to do such an intimate act with a man... a man she didnt love while the council watched like disgusting sleeze bags. Clapping at Viserys achievement of mounting his child bride.

Aislynn waited as the council cleared out before she got to Alicent wrapping her up in dressing gowns and bringing her to a different chamber. She held her little sister the rest of the night as Alicent cried herself to sleep.