3. Amoret

'My darling.' Otto said Alicent. 'How's Rhaenyra?'

'She lost her mother.' Alicent reminded him.

'The Queen was well-loved by all. I found myself thinking of your own mother today.' Otto remarked. Having Aislynn back, she reminded him so much of his wife. Her appearance not her attitude. Otto didn't know where Aislynn and her brothers got their tempers from.

'How is His Grace?' Alicent offered.

'Very low.' He admitted 'Which is why I sent for you. I thought you might go to him... offer him comfort.'

'In his chambers? I wouldn't know what to say.' Alicent countered confused.

'Stop that.' he said swatting at her hand she was picking at her nails causing them to bleed. 'He'll be glad of a visitor. You might wear one of your mother's dresses.' He offered. "Or Aislynns."

"Okay..." Alicent whispered heading back to her chambers. Aislynn was waiting for her.

"Hey, whats that look for Ali?" Aislynn questioned holding Alicent's face in her hands.

"Father thought I should see the king." Alicent remarked.

"Why?" Aislynn countered.

"Said he was low and I could offer comfort." Alicent relayed. "Can you help me Lynnie?" Aislynn nodded helping her change.

"What's wrong with this dress?" Aislynn countered.

"I don't know." Alicent admitted and Aislynn stopped and retied her dress.

"Why don't I go with you?" Aislynn offered. Alicent nodded eagerly.

"It's probably because I tended to King Jaehaerys in his final moons when I was little." Alicent remarked. Aislynn nodded. Alicent did have good bedside manners. A gentle touch that Aislynn didn't have.

"Probably." Aislynn agreed as they got to the kings door.

There was a small knock on the door. Alicent was worried and Aislynn saw it. She held tight to Alicent's hand.

"He it just your friends father, grieving as our own father did..." Aislynn reminded her and Alicent nodded.

'The Lady Aislynn and Alicent Hightower, Your Grace.' Was announced by the guard.

'What is it, Aislynn, Alicent?' Viserys questioned turning to them.

'I thought I might come and look in on you, Your Grace. I brought a book.' Alicent offered holding it out. Aislynn gave a small smile.

'That's very kind, thank you.' Viserys said stiffly.

'It's a favorite of mine. I do know how passionate you are for the histories.' Alicent recalled.

'Yes... I am.' He admitted softly his face turned down to the book in his hand.

'When our mother died..." Aislynn began. "People only ever spoke to me in riddles. Or told me I had to be the mother and help raise my siblings now." Viserys looked to her. "All we wanted was for someone to say that they were sorry for what happened to us."

"I'm very sorry, Your Grace.' Alicent told him.

"Thank you ladies." Viserys whispered and Aislynn led Alicent back out.

"That was alright." Aislynn admitted. Alicent nodded perhaps there was nothing more to it but then Otto saw them and his face pinched. Alicent wasn't in her mothers old dress or Aislynns. But Aislynn tipped her head into Alicent as they walked and Alicent smiled into her sister. Otto couldn't be mad.