25. I Can Be Quick

"Little slut." AIslynn remarked with a chuckle as she walked past. 

"Lynnie!" ALicent declared chasing after her. 

"If it wasnt daemon it was someone else."

"What tea?"

"Moon tea." Aislynn declared. 

"Not so loud." ALicent begged. 

"They are at driftmark." Aislynn reminded her. "She swore her innocence, pft." 

"Lynnie!"

"We take a bitch down a peg. She got father sacked after she got her cunt wet. She swore up and down on her mother, isnt that right and you believed her lying ass." Aislynn declared as she marched off.

"Lynnie what are you going to do?"

+

''I congratulate you, Lord Lyonel. I can think of no man more suited to be the Hand of the King.'' Corlys said kindly but there was still a thick tension in the air.

''That is very kind of you to say, Lord Corlys.'' Lyonel replied. ''His Grace has honored me with the post.''

''Pity about Ser Otto." Corlys added.

''Despite spending most of my days amidst the grandeur of the Red Keep, the halls of High Tide never fail to impress.'' Viserys remarked changing topic.

'You flatter me, Your Grace.'' Corlys told him, forcing a smile. 'Though I do wish we could meet under happier pretenses.''

''How so?''

'Daemon's wife, the Lady Rhea Royce, has passed''. Corlys informed them.

''A hunting mishap. She was thrown from her horse. Her neck and skull both crushed in the fall.' Rhaenys added

''A most surprising end. Lady Rhea's skill as both rider and hunter were well-known.'' Corlys agreed

'The gods are cruel.'' Rhaenys added

''Indeed. Lady Rhea was a fine woman and a, uh... good wife to my brother. Sad thing that she and Daemon have no heirs to succeed her.'' Viserys told them stiffly.

''She stood to inherit Runestone.'' Corlys reminded him and Viserys bit back a response.

''Mayhaps we can turn toward happier pursuits.'' Viserys offered, he said needing to show strength.

''What did you have in mind, Your Grace?''

+

"No shit, yeah we knew." John assured. 

"Find out more about Larys." Aislynn requested. "Use your peakys." 

"They are in old town." Arthur offered. 

"Do not lie to me." Aislynn corrected. "If Larys knows things... he could be useful. Knows the tricks of the capital and he is family. He has an inclination to help his new siblings by law." 

"You trust him?" Tommy countered. 

"I dont trust anyone thats not my blood." Aislynn corrected. "Just... bond, see what you can find out." 

"You should really be queen." Arthur remarked. 

"Yeah, Ali doesnt strike fear as you do Amoret." Tommy agreed. 

"I know." Aislynn agreed tossing her hair over her shoulder. "But Harwin, Gods that man." she declared as she walked off. 

+

''I wish to propose a marriage between your son, Ser Laenor... and my daughter and heir, the Princess Rhaenyra. It's long past time our houses were united in blood. The last pillars of Old Valyria." Viserys offered them through another cough.

''You honor both me and my house, Your Grace. There are certain details I would wish clarified before the Princess Rhaenys and I could accept this most... generous proposal.' Corlys retorted.

''What details?'

''We would like to know how the succession... will be handled.''

''Rhaenyra is my heir. Upon my death, my throne and my titles will pass to her. She and Ser Laenor's firstborn child, regardless of gender, will inherit the Iron Throne from her.'' Viserys told him confidently.

''Can I presume that, in keeping with Westerosi tradition... their children would take their father's name?'' Corlys questioned

''That they would be born Velaryons? Surely, Lord Corlys, you are not proposing the Targaryen dynasty end with my daughter simply because she is a woman?'' Viserys chuckled

''I only seek clarity, Your Grace.'' Corlys corrected as Viserys went into another coughing fit. ''Might I have a chair brought in for you?''

''I do not...'' Viserys said with another cough ''No. I do not require a chair. Upon their birth, Ser Laenor and Rhaenyra's children shall take their father's name, Velaryon... in keeping with our traditions. However, at such time when their firstborn ascends the Iron Throne, he or she will do so bearing the name Targaryen. Dragons will rule the Seven Kingdoms for the next hundred years, just as they did the last.' Viserys said suddenly out of breath.

''This is an equitable compromise.'' Corlys agreed

''Good. Now, if there's nothing further.'' Viserys said hopefully, he could hear the waves crashing around driftmark around them.

+

"Hello Husband."

"Hello gorgeous wife." Harwin answered pulling her closer. "I have training in the yard." Harwin remarked nodding to the knights gathered. 

"Shouldnt you get a few days to enjoy and ravish your wife?" Aislynn countered. Harwin chuckled. "I can be quick." she offered tugging him with her. 

Leaning to kiss her, nibbling her bottom lip. A whimper escaped her as she exhaled. She heard his own ragged breathing against her cheek, his body rigid against her. He picked her up moving her farther away as he lifted her skirts, her legs wrapped tightly around him as he fumbled with his belt. She kissed at his neck as his hand slid under feeling wet and waiting folds. 

"Fuck," he mumbled as she loosened her legs and he guided himself in. And she couldn't agree more. He felt so good. He pulled back adjusting his hold on her, holding her hips moving her against the wall as he began to slide out and back in faster. she wrapped her legs around his back digging her heels in getting more leverage, sinking down onto him.

Harwin's fingertip glided over her jawline, and then tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. His eyes are fixed on hers, a look of passion in his gaze.

"You feel amazing," he groaned, as his pace quickens. She couldnt even respond with words, her breath hitching in her chest, moans stacking up. Her fingers grip the muscles of his back, as she leaned up, capturing his mouth with hers. 

+

''In truth, if it had to be someone, I'm glad it is you. I know this union is not what you would choose. I hold nothing against you, cousin. No, I... Rather... Dare I say it is a matter of taste? I prefer roast duck to goose. I cannot say why. It's, it's not for a lack of trying.'' Rhaenyra offered

''There are those who like goose very well.'' Laenor offered confused.

''I find it a bit greasy for my taste. I know that whatever agreement being struck up there will not change your appetites, nor will it change mine." Rhaenyra offered as her and Laenor walked the shores of driftmark.

''And what do you propose?''

''That we perform our duty to our fathers and to the realm and when it's done... each of us dines as we see fit.'' Rhaenyra offered hopefully.