106. Wouldn't That Be Grand!

''It is our fate, I think, to crave always what is given to another. If one possesses a thing, the other will take it away." Helaena remarked.

'' Yes, Princess.'' The handmaiden agreed. Helaena looked back to her needle point. 

"I'm making this for emmett, its a Niffler, I had a dream about it-" Helaena remarked. "-I think him and I will go out looking for one."

''Where is Aegon?'' otto demanded as he pushed through the door. 

''N-Not here.' Helaena answered confused. "Why would he be?"

''He's not in his rooms not with his brothers or cousins.'' Alicent informed her. Otto marched back out "Father." Alicent called after him but he didn't stop. 'I know, the last place I expected him to be." Alicent agreed. 

''What's happened?' Helaena asked and Alicent sat next to her.

''Your father...'' Alicent began.

''There is a beast beneath the boards.'' Helaena hissed.

''Oh, my dearest love.'' Alicent said hugging her.

+

''Ser Erryk.'' Otto remarked walking up to him in the gallery sharpening his blade. ''Where's the Prince?''

''Forgive me, Lord Hand. I do not know.'' Erryk admitted rising before him.

''But you're sworn to protect him.'' Oto reminded

''He exploits his authority to order me away, and then he evades me, my Lord." Erryk answered

''I believe he may have left the Keep secretly, gone into the city. Find him.'' Otto instructed and Erryk nodded immediately. 'Take no one else but your brother. And remove your white cloaks. None can know who you are or what you seek... including the Queen."

" My Lord." Erryk agreed. Aislynn tsked as she came up behind her father. 

"What are you planning daddio?" Aislynn pondered. 

"Bring him to me and no one else." Otto added before looking at Aislynn. "Nothing you need to worry your pretty head about." Otto assured. 

"Sure... he is her son. Alicent-"

"You have blood on your cheek." Otto remarked reaching out and touching her cheek. 

"You should see the other guy." Aislynn teased. 

"I did... you are much like your brothers." Otto remarked. "What did you tell them?"

"King muppet is dead and get to work." Aislynn remarked innocently. 

"Thats it?" Otto countered. 

"They know. Trust me, they know." Aislynn declared.

"Aegon-"

"Is not as suited but I think he can learn, he is a good boy. He's sweet but a bit misguided and that might be because I'm not the greatest of role models." Aislynn offered. 

"You are a great mother, a great wife, sister, aunt..." Otto assured. 

"Do you ever think what if all  my children were like perfect little Ali?" Aislynn pondered. 

"No." Otto answered without hesitation. "I'm glad you are a strong woman, brave, speak up for yourself and your family." Otto informed her. "You have showed Alicent to stand up for herself too, I wasnt the best father in the past-"

"You are doing significantly better." Aislynn assured as he hugged her. 

"Thanks." Otto whispered.