31. Searing Passion

Aislynn noticed that Harwin was more loving and attentive after days he spent with Rhaenyra, guarding her. Aislynn didnt want to question it because they were doing better it seemed. 

"He is so handsome, and he's sweet, and he's giving and amazing! He is very attentive..." Aislynn remarked as she fiddled with her rings. "He's practically perfect in many ways."

"Uh-huh. Okay. What are you covering up with this perfect nonsense?" Alicent countered.

"I said practically perfect." Aislynn clarified.

"Does his thingy not work? Is it bent? Because, you know, bent can be good sometimes. From the right angle. His thingy's not bent. Ah, I see." Alicent murmured.

"You see what?" Aislynn countered.

"I know you Lynnie you like adventure." Alicent remarked and Aislynn nodded in agreement. "Ser Harwin is boring in bed."

"What? No, he is not... I mean, he is so gentle and attentive and very interested in my satisfaction." Aislynn remarked awkwardly. Criston felt like he shouldn't be here for this very private conversation.

"But?" Alicent propped.

"But nothing!" Aislynn declared. " Harwin is a very sweet and generous and respectful lover."

"But?" Alicent pushed and Aislynn sighed heavily

"But... maybe..." Aislynn groaned out as she fell back into Alicent's bed.

"Sometimes..." Alicent offered as Aislynn sat up.

"A girl just wants to get pounded!" Aislynn declared and cristons face turned down holding back a laugh.

"A girl just wants to get pounded!" Alicent agreed

"In a respectful way." She added.

"Of course! Always respectful." Alicent agreed.

"Gods Criston is horrified." Aislynn declared doubling over with laughter. 

"Everything we say if quite confidential." ALicent remarked glancing to Criston. He gave a single nod as Aislynn smiled back at him. 

Those eyes of his burned into her flesh, leaving searing marks of passion, as though he could give her what she wanted.

"And the other thing..." Alicent offered gently as Aislynn picked up Helaena. 

"No luck." Aislynn agreed. "Started this morning." Her moons bleeding. Aislynn didnt understand, it wasnt as though they werent trying. 

"Maybe its him." Alicent offered. 

"These things take time." Aislynn remarked but Alicent was pregnant with her third child and it seemed Viserys little sperms in his weakened and disease riddled body were working just fine. 

"Mum," Finn declared running into Alicent's chambers. Finn was a little thing still, all arms and legs. Aislynn smiled pulling him closer to her. "I started learning Valyrian." Finn remarked. "I asked the maesters and they agreed. So... do you want to learn with me?" Finn pondered. 

"I would love that." Aislynn agreed. "Ali-"

"No." ALicent corrected. "You two have fun though." Criston smiled back at them as Finn hugged to Aislynn, talking a million words a minute. Alicent knew Aislynn would be a good mother, because Aislynn had mothered them all after their own mother died. 

"Are you having a boy or a girl Ali?" Finn questioned as Aislynn ran a hand through his hair. 

"I dont know." ALicent reminded him.

"I read of a test." Finn remarked. "The maesters say it can predict the gender." 

"What test?" Alicent countered. 

"Barley." 

"Barley?" Aislynn corrected confused. 

"Yeah if it blooms verses if it flowers... something like that." Finn remarked. "I was only half listening." He admitted. 

"I can find out." AIslynn offered. 

"How?" Alicent countered again. 

"Tea." 

"And you thought barley sounded silly." Finn laughed out. 

"I will make you a cup." Aislynn offered as she got up.

 "Ser Criston would you assist my sister." Alicent requested. 

"Of course your grace." Criston agreed. 

"I dont need help getting to the kitchen." Aislynn assured him. "But I do like the company." 

"Why do you need tea? How can that help?" Criston questioned as they walked. 

"Mum was a bit of a gypsy." Aislynn remarked. "Complete opposite of my father but she taught me a thing or two about healing and potions." 

"Potions." Criston repeated. "Are you a witch?" he mused. 

"If by witch you mean a woman in total control of herself then yes." Aislynn offered and she could tell he was repeated it in his mind to see if that spelled out witch. She laughed out bumping her hip into him. "I'm glad my sister has you looking out for her." 

"It gives me the opportunity to see your gorgeous face every day." Criston blurted out before pursing his lips. "I'm sorry that was inappropriate." Criston remarked softly. 

"I quite enjoyed it." Aislynn countered smiling back at him. The rest of the walk to the kitchens and back to Alicent's chambers was fairly silent but Criston caught the blush on Aislynn's face as he looked at her. 

Aislynn put the tea in front of Alicent and she drank it down handing back the cup. Aislynn tipped the cup back and forth reading the leaves.

"If the leaves can be trusted," Aislynn remarked looking to Alicent. "You are having another boy."

"Really?"

"No, I dont have a clue how mum did it." Aislynn declared.