13. People You Know, To People You Don't

'Lady Johanna was reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones.' Ceira Lannister remarked.

'What will happen to Lady Johanna?' Alicent questioned.

'She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities if you believe the rumors.' Ciera told her.

"Sold or living a free life in the free cities to fuck whom she wants? I say we think on the bright side." Aislynn offered. 

'I fear the gods did not make me for hunting. Might I sit with you, my ladies?' Larys had a brace on this leg and a cane in hand as he approached the group of women chattering.

'But of course. Please join us. Larys Strong, the youngest son of our Master of Law, Lord Lyonel.' Alicent remarked.

"Strong." Aislynn repeated, Larys smiled back at her. "You dont look so strong." 

"Unfortunate name for a man like myself." Larys agreed. 

'My Lord husband says that no King has even been able to tame the Stepstones for long. It's an inhospitable place suited only for savages.'

'Perhaps the Princess... can give us some insight.' Ceira remarked as they looked to Rhaenyra in the doorway.

'Oh, I'm not sure how I could. I've never been to the Stepstones.' Rhaenyra reminded them. Aislynn's gaze shifted to Rhaenyra. 

'Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war. Is he not?' Ceira questioned.

"I'm going to find brothers dearest." Aislynn whispered. "I will bring you back a cookie." Aislynn pressed a kiss to Alicent's temple as she got up. 

'I wouldn't know. I've not spoken to Daemon in years.' Rhaenyra told her bitterly.

'Since you supplanted him as heir.' Ceria corrected. 

"Not sure either was a great choice." Aislynn murmured as she passed Rhaenyra.

'Daemon made his choices, Lady Ceira. The Princess was more suited to the role.' Alicent said kindly trying to win back favor with her friend.

'He's made a mess and the King must put an end to it.' Joselyn Redwyne remarked. 'Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good.'

'But the crown is not at war.' Rhaenyra told them.

'The crown... is at war, Princess. Though your father refuses to admit it, we've been dragged into it by your uncle and The Sea Snake.' Joselyn told her.

'And how have you served the realm of late, Lady Redwyne, by eating cake?' Rhaenyra pondered.

+

"Amoret!" Tommy declared reaching out for Aislynn. 

"Amoret?" Harwin questioned. 

"Our little love." Arthur remarked. 

"We should find a name that says little bad ass." John countered. "You know Ser Harwin Strong, dont you Amoret?" 

"I just met his brother inside." Aislynn offered. "How nice to be formally introduced." 

"The pleasure is mine my lady." Harwin offered kissing her hand. 

'I wonder, Princess... was your own second name day as grand as this?' Jason remarked.

'I honestly don't recall and neither will Aegon.' Rhaenyra remarked.

'Lord Jason Lannister.' He introduced

'I gathered that from all the lions.' Rhaenyra remarked noting his cloak.