29. Sexy & Stupid

"That was pretty scary" Aislynn remarked as they got ready for the ceremony. Harwin looked at her, finally looked at her for what felt like all night. 

"You were never in any danger." Harwin corrected. Aislynn opened her mouth to say well it would have been nice if you cared enough to check on your wife, not sprint to Rhaenyra and not even look twice in my direction. 

Instead, Aislynn forced a smile as she moved to Finn and ALicent. 

"Mum," Finn whispered. "ow." he added as she kneaded his shoulders. 

"Sorry, sorry baby." Aislynn said as she loosened her grip before hugging him to her. 

"You alright Lynnie?" Alicent questioned knowing otherwise. 

"Super." Aislynn agreed through grit teeth. 

"The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one." The high septon began. ''Father... Mother... Warrior... Smith... Maiden... Crone... Stranger. Hear now their vows.'' Rhaenyra stared across at a weepy Laenor, for he had just lost the true love of his life.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Laenor said sadly.

''I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come.'' Rhaenyra whispered back and kissed the corner of his lips.

"You can really feel the love." AIslynn murmured. 

''Here, in the presence of gods and men, I proclaim... Laenor of House Velaryon... Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, to be man and wife. One flesh... one heart... one soul... now and forever.'' The high septon declared as Viserys collapsed to the ground before them. AIslynn pulled Finn and ALicent back everyone else swarmed the king. 

"Come on." Aislynn whispered as ALicent tensed. Tommy took Finn, knowing that look Aislynn got when she needed girl talk. THey walked the gardens as the maesters tended to Viserys. "He's not going to die." AIslynn offered. Alicent glanced back at her debating if that was what she wanted to hear. "After your performance tonight, you best hope not. You practically declared war." 

"It was your idea." Alicent countered. 

"Yes but I didnt think you would do it." Aislynn countered. 

"Lynnie!" Alicent shouted. 

"What? Come on, come on baby girl, I got you. I'm not leaving. I wont let those cunts hurt you." Aislynn assured. 

"You want to talk about it?" Alicent countered. 

"Not the foggiest what you mean." Aislynn mused. 

"Harwin running, spirinting to Rhaenyra and not you." Alicent offered. "Dancing with her and not you."

"We danced." Aislynn corrected softly. "This marriage is still new." Aislynn offered. 

"I saw the look on your face Lynnie. It hurt."

"No shit it hurt. My husband ran to her. I get it shes a princess, I'm just a lady, I'm nothing speical but- for heavens sake Criston!" Aislynn shouted and he looked up at them. "Drop the damn blade. Whats the matter with you?" Aislynn shouted marching up to him. "I'm having a little mini crisis and you want to add to that and bleed all over the ground." She took the blade from him. "I dont fucking think so." 

"My lady-"

"Yes. Stand up." Aislynn demanded. Criston slowly rose to his feet. "What you did today was sexy. Sure it was stupid-"

"Aislynn likes violence." ALicent added softly. 

"-but who cares about him?" Aislynn offered. "We dont. We care about you. Well... we could." Aislynn corrected. "Dont be an idiot." 

"I dishonored-"

"Yeah, you did. A lot. Rhaenyra makes people turn into idiots." Aislynn agreed. "Men. She makes men turn into cunt struck idiots." Alicent chuckled setting forward. 

"I think what my sister means is that you wont be in Rhaenyra's service anymore. You will be in mine." Alicent remarked. 

"Your grace-"

"Yes. Queen bitch right here. Oh wait thats me." Aislynn agreed as she stomped off. 

"Lynnie-"

"I'm fucking fine." AIslynn screeched as she got farther into the gardens. Criston looked to Alicent. 

"Seems all newly weds have this problem." ALicent remarked softly before she headed inside. 

Aislynn was glad her brothers ended her unions previously and she hated that this wasnt working. That she couldnt hold Harwins attention. She was pretty, she was smart, she was a great fuck, she was the total package. She wasnt a princess... she couldnt become a princess to get her husbands attention. 

Aislynn didnt know how long she sat in the gardens biting at her nails anxiously. It must have been a family trait. Alicent ripped at her cuticles until they bleed and Aislynn bit her nails to the nub until they bleed. When she heard footsteps coming up the path she assumed it was Tommy or Arthur but then she saw Harwin. 

"Hey, I'm sorry about today." Harwin whispered kneeling beside her. 

"Whatever do you mean?" Aislynn sassed. 

"This is all new for me too." Harwin reminded her. "My father became hand-"

"How does that affect you?" Aislynn countered looking him dead in the eyes. 

"It's just more pressure on the family name." Harwin offered. "When... when Cole attacked, i'm still in the protect the royal family mindset." Harwin remarked. "I should have checked on you but I knew your brothers were there and they wouldnt let anything happen to you." 

"What happens when they go home and think my husband will look out for me?" Aislynn countered stiffly. 

"This is new for me, Aislynn." Harwin repeated. "You have to give me time. You understand that dont you? I have been a guard, a knight, most of my life. Worrying about my family... I've never had to do that. Not really."  Aislynn nodded slightly as she huffed out a breath. "I'm going to try harder to be a better husband."