100. I've Been Dying To Use

''He looks like a different person. I believe we should also consult Maester Gerardys. Perhaps if he could see the King, he'd suggest a different..."Rhaenyra began but the door opened and Alicent approached.

'Princess Rhaenyra. And Prince Daemon.'' Alicent remarked.

''Hm.' Daemon chuckled glancing to Alicent. "I was hoping for a different hightower." he admitted and Rhaenyra clenched her jaw. 

''Aislynn is otherwise preoccupied." Alicent countered looking between them. "It has been so long since we were granted the joy of your presence.'' Alicent added stiffly. Joy, Aislynn would have already been bitching and rightfully so but that was why Alicent had to do this alone. Aislynn as much as Alicent loved her elder sister, she could never be queen, she was too quick tempered. Didnt know when to hold her tongue, or perhaps just never wanted to. Alicent had the temper for it, maybe thats what Otto saw all those years ago when Aemma died. Aislynn could have been queen but she would have lost her tongue or head before making it this far with how she spoke to and about the king. 

''Indeed, Your Grace.'' Rhaenyra agreed

''Though not long enough to merit a greeting upon our arrival.'' Daemon added smugly

''I'm sure the Queen had pressing business, my love. What can either of us know of ruling a kingdom?'' Rhaenyra offered kindly.

''I do not rule, as you well know.'' Alicent told them ''My father and I are mere stewards of the King's will and wisdom.''

''And how exactly is that wisdom expressed... hm? In blinks and wheezes? I'd be surprised if he could remember his own name. Or if you could.'' Daemon remarked snidely as the door pushed open. 

''King Viserys's condition has worsened since you saw him last.'' Alicent informed them

''Hah.'' Daemon spat. "Oh, there she is."

"Here I am." Aislynn agreed. 

''It subjects him to considerable pain.'' Alicent went on ''On the advice of the maesters...'' Alicent turned to Aislynn for help but Rhaenyra hissed out a breath as Aislynn approached. 

''Ah, the maesters. Of course. It is they who keep him... addled on milk of the poppy while the High towers warm his throne.'' Rhaenyra added stiffly and Alicent let out a hot breath.

''Rhaenyra, if you would see him without it, almost blind with suffering.'' Alicent informed them

''Oh, Alicent, I have no doubt it was... an act of the purest mercy, but tell me, for the King's suffering, did the maesters also prescribe the removal of Targaryen heraldry and the installation in its stead of various statues and stars?'' Daemon agreed

''The emblems of the Seven serve only to guide us on an uncertain path. To remind us of a higher authority.'' Alicent remarked and glanced to Aislynn but she clasped her hands in front of her silently. Aislynn was never quiet, she was planning something, Alicent saw her wheels turning. 

''And on the morrow, which authority will sit in judgment of my son's claim on his own inheritance?'' Rhaenyra asked

''That would be mine... and the Hand's.'' Alicent agreed

'Ah." Daemon answered glaring back at her.

''But be assured, the Father is just and commands me to forget the accusations you have hurled in this room today.'' ALicent remarked. 

"I am less forgiving." Aislynn assured. "Daemon, good to see you again. Sorry you got tied down to such a power hungry cunt that doesnt care for her family or you or your brother." Rhaenyra gawked back at her. "Close your mouth you will catch flies." Aislynn remarked calmly. "But I suppose you would like that. Spiders like you, Rhaenyra... Tootles." Aislynn declared before turning and heading out. 

+

''Smaller than I remember." Jace and Luke were walking the courtyard while the men were training. It had been years since they were last at kings landing.

''It looks exactly the same.' Luke countered

''Ah, Luke, come on.'' Jace said leading him around a smile on his face. ''See? I told you this would still be here." He picked up a sword, one of the old swords from when they were training as children.

''And you thought you could swing Criston's morning star.''

''And you almost took your own head off.'' Luke counted. 

 ''What's your problem?'' Jace questioned. 

''Everyone's staring at us.'' Luke told him as his eyes shifted around.

''Hyah!'' they heard the men dualling behind them. Criston and Aemond were training, Jaeton had gone up against Daeron previously. Clayton was looking for a better competitor then his cousins or father. He wanted to show no mercy he didnt care how big the knight was, he could handle it. 

''No one would question me being heir to Driftmark... if... if I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than Ser Harwin Strong.'' Luke muttered.

''It doesn't matter what they think.'' Jace reminded him, they heard a crowd cheering and a not so distant grunting they ran forward to get a better look as the crowd gasped. Aemonds sword whooshed through the air. Criston ducked and Clayton groaned as Aemond had his blade at Cristons chest. 

"Way to flop that, Dad." Clayton teased. Criston smirked back at him. "He's an old man Aemond." he went on and Criston reached out putting him in a head lock. "It's not that impressive!" Clayton laughed out as Criston let him go. 

"Well done, my Prince." Criston remarked. 

"Yeah Aemond, You'll be winning tourneys in no time." Daeron agreed. Aemond smiled as the crowd applauded him.

''I don't give a shit about tourneys." Aemond remarked then he saw Jace and Luke staring at him ''Nephews... have you come to train?'' Jaeton spun around and looked them over. 

"Yes, do train with us, I have a new blade I have been dying to test." Jaeton declared pulling the blade out as he kept a challenging glare at Jace and Luke. 

Luke swallowed the lump in his throat taking a hesitant step back wards

"He likes the look of fear in your face." Emmett spoke up. "He thrives on it." Jace stumbled back nervously into Luke. "Oh man, you're fucked." Emmett declared before looking back at Criston. "Don't tell mama I said that word."