51. Power & Protection

"Dont lie to me." Aislynn begged as she packed.

"What?" Harwin countered.

"You said you couldnt take leave, it was not possible, you remember that? I do." Aislynn spat. "You stayed behind to fuck the princess. If you want us to have a future like you claim to you are going to kiss ass and not make a single complaint."

"How long are we going to be gone for?" Harwin questioned.

"Why?"

"So I know how much to pack." Harwin offered innocently.

"Moon. Maybe more." Aislynn remarked and Harwin blinked back at her. "Something to say Harwin?" Aislynn sneered.

"I'm sorry." Harwin rasped.

"Damn right you should be. I wanted you there. We had fun but maybe it was because you were not there that we had fun."

"Aislynn-" Harwin begged reaching out for her.

"We leave tomorrow, pack a bag. Oh and Larys is coming with because I like him more than you." Aislynn remarked bluntly.

"I deserve that." Harwin agreed.

"You deserve worse." Aislynn agreed. "And if I decide that I dont ever want to leave old town, that I want you to quit being Rhaenyra's slut and the commander and just stay in old town where my brothers crew can keep a better eye on you... what do you say to that?"

"Can we focus on the first week, not a lifetime?" Harwin countered.

"Wrong answer." Aislynn declared as she picked up her bag and headed out the door.

"I thought you said tomorrow." Harwin called after her

"I had my own chambers prepared but I think I would rather find a handsome knight to keep me warm tonight instead." Aislynn remarked.

"Aislynn stop!" Harwin demanded moving to her and grabbing her arm.

"Let me go." Aislynn seethed.

"I fucked up." Harwin agreed not letting go. "You gonna hold it against me for forever?"

"Maybe." Aislynn agreed.

"Aislynn come on, I want to get past this. Can't you try to-"

"Move on? When I have to see the woman you were fucking everyday? See your bastards every day? See the way she looks at you and how you never looked at me like that?" Aislynn pondered. "I'm in charge." Aislynn demanded. "Me. If you dont like that well my brothers would be happy to deal with you and your bullshit." Aisylnn shouted. "Now. Let. Me. Go." She commanded slowly.

"My lady?" Criston peered in and his gaze shifted to harwin's rough grip on Aislynn's arm. "Aislynn, are you alright?"

"Go away Cole, this doesnt concern you." Harwin spat.

"I dont feel very safe." Aislynn corrected. Her gaze never left Harwin's, he saw fire in her eyes.

"Step back ser." Criston demanded as he took a step forward. "Step back ser, before I remove you." Criston stared back at him as his hand shifted to the hilt of his blade. Harwin huffed out a breath looking between them before Harwin finally let her go.

Aislynn gave him a shove back before turning to the door and marching down the hall. Criston followed after her.

"Cole. She's my wife." Harwin reminded him.

"Start acting like it then." Criston agreed as he chased after her.

+

The carriage was packed and Tommy was playing with Jaeton while Aislynn double checked Jaetons bag.

"High five, high five!" Tommy declared and Jaeton laughed out trying to high five him. Harwin huffed a breath as he tossed his bag in.

"Hey bud." Harwin rested his hands on his knees as he looked at Jaeton. Jaeton's gaze shifted to Harwin momentarily before looking to Tommy again and slapping at his hand, laughing out.

"Fuck off Harwin

"Fuck off Harwin." Tommy said with a smile

"He's my son." Harwin reminded him.

"And he likes his uncle Tom more, what a shock!" Tommy mused.

"Running away." Rhaenyra remarked with a scoff.

"Going home. Sorry I'm taking my husband, your whore with me." Aislynn agreed. "Find another easily manipulated man to fill yourself with."

"No idea what you mean." Rhaenyra sneered.

"Course not." Aislynn agreed. "Men love dropping to their knees before you... the heir that was commanded."

"I was chosen." Rhaenyra hissed and Criston heard their voices rise, he heard Harwin and Tommy shouting as well but Tommy could handle himself and Criston would much rather be near Aislynn if something went wrong.

"Out of connivence." Aislynn corrected.

"I will be queen one day. Everyone will bow down before me. You will be on your knees too." Rhaenyra declared.

"Should we intervene?" Larys pondered.

"She's got this." Criston offered.

"Viserys was pushed to name an heir, pushed to marry, he commanded the lords of all the great houses to bow down to his Convenient heir. You think you are hot stuff? You think the people of the realms will follow you? You are a shit heir. Bastards and breaking up marriages, thats before your spoiled ass even has any real power."

"I have power."

"No. You have protection. Daddy's protection." Aislynn sneered. "You have no power outside of Viserys reach."

"He is the king! I will be queen! I wont be weak like Alicent."

"Alicent is not weak."