52. How Dare You

"Viserys was pushed to name an heir, pushed to marry, he commanded the lords of all the great houses to bow down to his connivant heir. You think you are hot stuff? You think the people of the realms will follow you? You are a shit heir. Bastards and breaking up marriages, thats before your spoiled ass even has any real power." Aislynn declared

"I have power." Rhaenyra corrected.

"No. You have protection. Daddy's protection." Aislynn sneered. "You have no power outside of Viserys reach."

"He is the king! I will be queen! I wont be weak like Alicent."

"Alicent is not weak." 

"Alicent is weak." Rhaenyra corrected.

"How dare you." Aislynn demanded.

"How dare I?" Rhaenyra sassed.

"Alicent isn't weak, why would you ever think such a thing?" Aislynn questioned incredulously. "My sister is strong and brave and resilient."

"She is weak. I know this, because I know her." Rhaenyra spat.

"You dont. She is my sister, I know her and she is not weak." Aislynn corrected. "Alicent is strong. Stronger than you." Rhaenyra huffed a breath. "She didn't have the privilege of being a cocky, loud mouth like you do Rhaenyra." Aislynn remarked. "You broke laws and rules, fucked a knight all those years ago and had this one thinking you were innocent. Got our father removed because he saw you for who you were." Rhaenyra gawked back at her. "Then had two bastards and Viserys the old shit, just shrugged it off. You ruined my marriage before it ever had a chance and still think you are in charge, you hold the power when you made an enemy out of me." Aislynn sneered. "Daddy covered up your messes again and again. Gave you a tea I bet then, but no, fuck my husband and make me look at your and his bastards every day because I'm trying to be a good sister. Because I dont want you to break Alicent like you are trying to do to me!"

Rhaenyra scoffed. What did Aislynn know? She wasnt royalty. Aislynn took a threatening step forward. 

"If she kills the princess-" Larys whispered. 

"She isnt going to kill her." John remarked making Larys jump. "I'm sneaky, hush I'm trying to enjoy the show." 

"meanwhile Alicent does anything so much as a snarky comment she'd be ruined. She holds her tongue, bites back her anger while you can do whatever the hell you want and Viserys covers it up. His precious daughter, his little whore. You and Alicent were the best of friends and you have the nerve to blame her for this? To take it out on me as well? To fuck my husband and think you are still entitled to more? No. You are weak. You are nothing. You are nothing. I would love to see you try and survive a day doing the shit you do without Viserys protection. You would be eaten alive, buried under within a moment." 

"How dare you! I'm the princess!" 

"And what? So the fuck what? Your title is bullshit, just like your title as heir. Who the hell is going to follow you? It would be to their deaths. You wouldnt survive the real world Rhaenyra. You have been living in a fantasy land. Where all you see are rainbows and unicorns but I live here on earth, where shit happens and you have to clean up your own messes." Aislynn declared. "Grow the hell up Rhaenyra." Aislynn demanded as she marched off. John gave a hoot and a slow clap.

"Enjoy the show?" Aislynn mused. 

"Fucking great, you gave it to her good." John agreed, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. 

"Lets get the hell out of here." Aislynn remarked. "Before I lose my shred of composure and beat her to death." 

"You impress me my lady." Larys remarked as he limped behind them. 

"Thank you." Aislynn agreed tossing her hair over her shoulder. "What about you Criston? Are you impressed?"