8. What Were you thinking? Dragons

'Welcome to Dragonstone, Otto.' Daemon said happily. "Didnt bring your pretty daughter. Shame. Shes a spitfire that one." Otto rolled his eyes.

'Your occupation of this island is at an end. You're to relinquish the dragon's egg, disband your army, banish your whοre... and leave Dragonstone by order of His Grace, King Viserys...' Otto told him sternly

'Where is the King? I don't see him.' Daemon mused.

'His Grace would never lower himself to entertain such a mummer's farce.'

'Ser Crispin, wasn't it?'

'Ser Criston Cole, my Prince.' He corrected.

'Ah, yes, apologies. I couldn't recall.' Daemon remarked smugly.

'Perhaps my Prince recalls when I knocked him off his horse.' Criston retorted and Daemon chuckled so this cunt was going to keep bringing that up. Of course he was. Daemon would have, why would he be any different.

'Very good.' Daemon answered with an arched brow.

'This is a truly pathetic show, Daemon.' Otto told him. "Are you so desperate for the King's attention that you've resorted to skulking about like a common cutpurse?"

"I'm simply keeping with the traditions of my house, the same as my brother did for his heir." Daemon said innocently.

"Those traditions are for the trueborn children of royalty, not for bastards fathered on a common whοre." Otto corrected

"Lady Mysaria is to be my wife." Daemon corrected.

"This is an abomination. With every breath you soil your name, your house, and your brother's reign." Otto shouted at him.

"Our love does not know titles and traditions." Daemon told him smugly.

"And what of you, men of the City Watch? Aiding the Prince in his treason?" Otto tsked at them.

"Oh my gods!" Aislynn screamed out excitedly. "Ali is such a chicken this is great!"

"Thats what I have been telling her." Rhaenyra agreed.

"Oh glorious world! We are up so high! I bet we could catch a cloud!" Aislynn declared.

"Try. I wont let you fall." Rhaenyra offered.

"It would dissolve in my hand." Aislynn corrected. "But-" she reached out waving her hand through a cloud "-still awesome!"

"The King made me their commander. They are loyal to me. You've come for the egg." Daemon moved grabbing the egg and held it out. "Here it is." Caraxes growled above them.

"Are you mad? You'd never survive this.' Otto countered. If daemon were to kill the hand of the king and the kings guard it would mean his death. There was no coming back from that.

"Well, happily, neither would you." Daemon retorted with a grin.

"To choose violence, here, is to declare war against your King." Otto warned.

"Wonderful." Daemon agreed. Let there be fucking war. He loved war. He was a great warrior. Otto was an old man and daemon could use the exercise.

"Even if it ends in the death of your unborn child and its mother?" Otto countered and Caraxes came closer, Caraxes screeched and roared. Prepared for a fight, dragons trump... everything.

" All of you... sheathe the fսcking steel.' But there was a distant dragon rumbling, they turned to the sky to see wings flapping, they heard Syrax screeching, she roared getting closer.

'What are you doing here, Princess?' Otto questioned "Aislynn!" He hissed.

'Preventing bloodshed.' Rhaenyra said dismounting Syrax and marching over to Daemon

"This is awesome." Aislynn declared happily. "Im on a fucking dragon! The boys will be so jealous when I get home."

"Aislynn!" Otto begged. "What are you thinking?"

"Ride a dragon. Fuck yes." Aislynn offered and otto slapped a hand to his face annoyed.

"Ser Criston, please escort the Princess to safety." Otto instructed.

"Take care not to startle Syrax, my lords. She's rather protective of me." Rhaenyra warned.

"Im good though right?" Aislynn countered still atop Syrax. "We are buddies you wouldnt let me get eaten right Nyra?" Rhaenyra smiled back at her before looking to Daemon.

"I'm right here, Uncle... the object of your ire... the reason that you were disinherited. If you wish to be restored as heir, you'll need to kill me. So, do it." Rhaenyra told him standing face to face with him and it would have been so easy... to start a war and the crown would never be his. 'And be done with all this bother.' Daemon didn't move, Rhaenyra took the dragon egg and shoved it at Otto. She climbed back on her dragon.

"Love you see ya!" Aislynn called out as they took off. Criston watched them go and couldnt help but think that from what he had seen the two sisters were completely different. Aislynn was so alive and free.