82. Open The Wine, Larys

Sweet but psycho /HOTD / Harley Quinn out now!

''That was a decade ago and he has since left the region undefended. '' Alicent reminded them.

''We have left it undefended. There should've been fortifications built, watchtowers, a fleet of ships, a garrison of soldiers sent to hold our ground.'' Rhaenyra countered.

''We cannot afford it." Alicent corrected ''Our coffers are great, but not infinite. We must consider the cost to our subjects.''

''I must agree.'' Viserys remarked. Alicent was pleased that he was finally agreeing with her about something must have been the mess in the yard and him trying not to piss of an already fuming Aislynn by using his head for once in a meeting.

''The cost of war is greater.'' Rhaenyra countered ''But we have been lax and the old monster now lifts its head.''

''Let us be finished.'' Alicent demanded

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed with a sigh

''Wait. I wish to speak.'' Rhaenyra declared.

+

"I'm sorry baby, I know he scared you today but I would sooner kill him then let anything happen to you." Aislynn assured pressing a kiss to Emmetts head. "I keep the monsters away, I promise." There was a knock on the door and if Harwin had the fucking nerve to come here tonight she would bash his head in. 

"Aislynn?"

"Larys." Aislynn said fondly. 

"I heard about today... I.. I heard you talking with my father and unfortunate brother." Larys remarked. 

"he is unfortunate." Aislynn agreed. "Why does such a handsome man have to have such a wicked soul?"

"That must be why I'm so wonderful." Larys mused. 

"You are wonderful Larys." AIslynn assured. 

+

''I have felt the... strife... between our families of late, my Queen. And for any offense given by mine, I apologize.'' Rhaenyra began as she stared over at Alicent. ''But we are one house. And long before that, we were friends.'' Rhaenyra offered. ''My son Jacaerys will inherit the Iron Throne after me. I propose we betroth him to your daughter, Helaena. Ally ourselves... once and for all.'' Viserys smiled happily but Alicent was not pleased. ''Let them rule together.''

''A most judicious proposition.'' Viserys agreed

''Additionally, if Syrax brings forth another clutch of eggs, your son Aemond will have his choice of them, uh... a symbol of our goodwill.'' Rhaenyra went on.

''My dear... a dragon's egg is a handsome gift.'' Viserys agreed

''The King and I thank you for your offer and we will consider it duly.'' Alicent said stiffly. ' 'You must rest now, husband.''

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed as Alicent helped him up

''How sweetly the fox speaks when it's been cornered by the hounds.'' Alicent hissed as they walked hoping to get her anger out over many drinks with AIslynn. 

''She is sincere.'' Viserys corrected

''She is desperate. She feels the earth washing away beneath her feet and now she expects us to ignore her transgressions and for me to marry my only daughter to one of her... plain-featured sons.''

''The proposal is a good one, my Queen.'' Viserys assured ''We're a family. Let us put aside these childish quarrels. Join hands and be stronger for it.''