87. That's What You Are

''I'm going to bed, Aemma.'' Viserys remarked and Alicent stared at him a moment.

''Shall I see after Queen Alicent, Your Grace?'' ser Harrold asked, making sure to annunciate Alicent.

''No, Ser Harrold. You have the night's watch, Ser Criston.'' Viserys told him

''Yes, Lord Commander.'' Criston agreed.

"Aem- who?" Aislynn sassed glaring back at Viserys.

+

''Laenor has been restless for years, but now, he will be useless. Or worse. I know better than anyone that our marriage is a farce. But I at least make the effort to maintain appearances.'' Rhaenyra confided in Daemon.

"You have more to lose.'' Daemon reminded her. If he couldnt have Aislynn he would settle for another, his cock was deprived. 

''Yes, well, that has been my lot since my father named me heir. We did try... to conceive a child. We performed our duty as best we could. But to no avail.'' Rhaenyra told him trying to make better of a bad situation. ''There was no joy in it. I found that elsewhere.'' Daemon smirked. ''It felt good to be desired.''

''Hm. I understand Ser Harwin was quite... devoted to you.'' Daemon offered. 

''Yes, he was. And I trusted him.'' Rhaenyra agreed. "He loved me. He never loved Aislynn." Rhaenyra declared. 

"And yet he had three kids with her too... maybe he wasnt capable of love." Daemon offered, as though he even knew what the meaning of love meant. 

"She ran back here, she could have- Gods she should have burned. I should've forbidden Ser Harwin from returning to the River lands. Harren's curse is said to be as strong now as it was after the Conquest.'' Rhaenyra remarked as her heels dug into the sand.

''That's a ghost story, one Ser Otto and the Queen would gladly exploit.'' Daemon corrected

''I do not believe Alicent capable of cold murder.'' Rhaenyra told him with confidence. "Aislynn though, I wouldnt put it past her."

+

"Mama, mama!" Clayton declared.

"What's wrong what happened?" Aislynn looked him over nervous that he had gotten hurt.

"Jace and Luke were running out, they had a blade... those girls thats mum died I think were with them." Clayton declared.

"I'm confused." Aislynn remarked.

"They said someone stole a dragon and Aemond wasnt in his room." Clayton declared.

"Go to bed, stay with your brothers." Aislynn declared. "I will find Aemond. I promise."

'' Dohaeras!'' Aemond shouted. ''Dohaeras, Vhagar!'' Aemond demanded and Vhagar settled. ''Lykiri! Lykiri!'' Vhagar quieted ''Lykiri.'' Vhagar inhaled deeply allowed Aemond to climb up. He gripped the ropes and the saddle tightly he felt the heavy purr of Vhagar under him.

''Soves!'' Aemond declared and Vhagar grumbled ''Dohaeras, Vhagar! Soves! Ah!'' Aemond screamed out in fear and joy as Vhagar took to the sky. Sweeping over the city. 

''Jace, what are we doing?'' Luke asked it was far to late for them to be up and about.

''It's him.'' Rhaena remarked bitterly.

''It's me, Hi.'' Aemond agreed, he just had the ride of his life, he had a dragon now. He couldnt wait to show Aislynn his dragon, she was going to be so proud. 

''Vhagar is my mother's dragon.'' Baela shouted.

''Your mother's dead. And Vhagar has a new rider now.'' Aemond said proudly.

''She was mine to claim.'' Rhaena shouted in outrage.

''Then you should've claimed her!'' Aemond countered smugly. 'Maybe your cousins can find you a pig to ride. It would suit you.'' Rhaena didn't like that one bit she charged at him. Both twins but Aemond struck them down. ''Come at me again and I'll feed you to my dragon!'' Aemond warned and Jacaerys yelled out as he charged. They all charged at Aemond getting him to the ground, punching him. But Aemond had fire in him. He kicked the girls off and sent a punch to Luke's face, breaking his nose. Aislynn shuffled to a stop seeing them. 

''You will die screaming in flames just as your father did! Bastards.'' Aemond declared as he stood up. A smirk crossed Aislynn's face. Damn straight that boy got her sass.

''My father's still alive.'' Luke corrected

''He doesn't know, does he, Lord Strong?'' Aemond smirked back at them. Dark black hair, how could he not. Jace kicked sand up at Aemond he flinched back as Luke lunged but Aislynn grabbed him by the collar of his shirt throwing him back. Luke stared at her with a challenging glare until he realized who she was.

"You alright Aemond?" Aislynn questioned.

"I'm fine." Aemond agreed she looked to him, blood trickling down his cheek. He closed his eye feeling the sting of the slice going down his face. Aislynn touched his cheek.

"Should scar... but heal." Aislynn offered at a first glance.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Rhaena shouted lunging forward and Aislynn had just about enough with these children. She kicked a foot out it connected with Rhaenas chest and she thumped back into the dirt.

''They attacked me!' Aemond spat

''He attacked Baela!'' Jace shouted back as he got up.

''He broke Luke's nose!'' they were all shouting contradicting statements. Aislynn saw most of it.

''He stole my mother's dragon!'' Rhaena shouted.

''He was gonna kill Jace!'' Luke shouted back. She looked to Lukes bloody nose.

''I didn't do anything!'' Aemond shot back as Aislynn wiped at the blood on his cheek.

'He called us bastards."

"Shut the fuck up." Aislynn demanded. She leaned forward so she was eye level with Jace and Luke. "He called you bastards because thats what you are."

"Shut up!" Jace whined as she stood up a smirk on her lips. "You are a liar."

"I wish I was." Aislynn corrected and now it was Jace that was furious and he charged just like a brave idiot. Aislynn spun him around and pulled his arm back, kicked his legs out from under him and he landed face first coughing up dirt. He was getting sick of these people shoving him into the damn dirt.

"Aislynn!"