104. Say it Again, It Sounded Good

"Yeah, but like... a bit of torment." Jaeton offered quietly. 

"I have an idea." Clayton agreed. 

"I can be more discreet then you Clay.' Aemond corrected. 

"My way would be more fun. I already knew it." Clayton corrected. 

"What are they whispering about?" Criston questioned. Aislynns gaze shifted to her boys.

"Nothing good, which means its gonna be a hell of a night." Aislynn declared. 

"I love you, you are crazy but I love you." Criston said kissing her cheek and Daemon's gaze had not yet moved off of Aislynn, Aislynn knew she could work that to their advantage when she needed a favor. At least hoped. 

''Final tribute. To the health of my nephews, Jace... Luke... and Joffrey. Each of them handsome, wise... hm... strong." Aemond remarked.

''Aemond.'' Alicent warned.

"Hush, he's got this." AIslynn assured. 

''Come... let us drain our cups to these three... Strong boys." Aemond went on. Jaeton and Clayton rose a glass and Aegon and Daeron followed along, Helaena's claps faded when she understood what they were really saying. Emmett stared back at them before running to the table and grabbing a glass. 

"Me too!" Cammie declared excitedly as she reached for her cup but it spilled right across the table staining Rhaenyras dress which only made things better. Rhaenyra rose up with a growl complaining about her dress. "Sorry..." Cammie began but saw Aislynn failing at holding back a laugh. "I'm not sorry." Cammie decided as she smiled back at Aislynn. 

"My good girl." AIslynn agreed. 

''I dare you to say that again.'' Jace spat.

''Why? 'Twas only a compliment. Do you not think yourself Strong?'' Aemond chuckled as Jace ran up to him punching him in the face. Aemond only smiled in return. Aegon shoved Jaces face into the table with a wicked grin.

'' Jace!'' Rhaenyra spat.

''That is enough!'' Alicent agreed. Luke charged forward and Clayton smirked stepping forward and blocking him. Luke didnt know what was happening but suddenly he was on his back and Claytons fist was on his chest keeping him down. 

"I taught him that." Criston remarked proudly.  

''I was merely expressing how proud I am of my family, Mother. Mm, though it seems my nephews aren't quite as proud of theirs.'' Aemond went on smugly. "Right auntie?"

"Fuck yes." Aislynn agreed. "Say it again Aemond, it sounded good." 

''Wait, wait!'' Daemon began as Rhaenyra got up angered.

''Go to your quarters. All of you go, now.'' Rhaenyra demanded.

"Wow, this feast has really left me hungry for more." Aislynn remarked as she helped Cammie up. "lets find something sweet to wash out the bitter taste our guests left in our mouths." Aislynn decided as she led the kids out. 

+

"Have a safe trip home." Clayton remarked waving back to Rhaenyra and her boys. Rhaenyra glanced back at him, his face held a smile as the gate closed but he scowled pointing a finger at them. "Never know what lurks in the dark."

"He was always a little psycho

"He was always a little psycho." Rhaenyra muttered but Daemon chuckled. 

"I like him." Daemon corrected. 

+

''Come on, come on. That's it.'' Alicent encouraged helped Viserys back into bed. Giving him his teas tucking him in. ''Oh... Well done.''

''I'm sorry.'' Viserys rasped

''Shh.'' Alicent coed.

''I'm sorry.' Viserys repeated again.

''Shh, shh, shh.'' Alicent coed.

''But you wanted to know... if I believe it to be true.'' Viserys told her softly.

'' Believe what to be true, my King?''

''Don't you remember? Aegon...''

''Our son?'' Alicent questioned confused.

'' His Dream. The Song of Ice... and Fi... It is true. What he saw in the North. The Prince That Was Promised.'' Viserys said in a daze

''I don't understand, Viserys.''

''The Prince.' Viserys told her

''Prince Aegon?''

''To unite the realm against the cold... and the dark. It is you. You are the one. You must do this.'' Viserys told her softly ''You must do this.''

'' Shh, shh.'' Alicent coed as Viserys let out a deep breath and Alicent blew out the candles. ''I understand, my King.''

"he wants Aegon to be king, Lynnie he told me."  Alicent declared. "He said he wants Aegon to be king."

"Finally comes to his senses." Aislynn agreed. "Daddio?"

"Yep." Otto moved to his desk and pulled out a contract. 

"What did you two-" ALicent began. 

"Please, I'm prepared." Aislynn agreed. "Sit tight. I will be right back," AIslynn assured taking the contract. 

"Lynnie?"

"Go to bed, in the morning, we celebrate." Aislynn declared kissing her cheek.  So Aislynn went into Viserys room. 

"I'm gonna need it in writing." Aislynn remarked as Viserys wheezed out. "I had my father draw up a draft ages ago. All you have to do is sign on the..." Aislynn squinted in the dark bringing the candle closer. "Fucking hell viserys you couldnt have signed the thing then died." Aislynn groaned out. 

She ran to tell her father. 

"Dead?" 

"Yeah." Aislynn agreed. 

"Did he sign-"

"NO the damn Muppet finally decided to croak and he couldnt do us this one fucking favor." She tore it up with a little groan of outrage. 

"He still said it, Alicent heard it." Otto remarked. 

"I gotta tell Ali." 

+

 "I saw him last night... before he..." Alicent leaned back in the chair, a shaky breath on her lips. ''He told me he wished for Aegon to be king." Alicent relayed and Otto stared back at her from the fireplace. ''It is the truth. Uttered with his own lips. His last words to me and I was the only one to hear it. And now he's dead.''