28. That Hurt

''It is with great pleasure that His Grace, King Viserys, announces the start of the royal wedding celebrations. House Lannister with their lord, Jason Lannister. Lord Paramount of the West, and Master of Casterly Rock. House High tower with their lord, Hobert High tower. Beacon of the South, Defender of the Citadel, the Voice of Old town...'' Harrold announced.

''Congratulations, Your Grace. You have made a fine match for the Princess.'' Jason said as he approached.

''Thank you, Lord Jason. I could think of no better man than Ser Laenor.'' Viserys said with a chuckle.

'Well... if this is only the welcome feast, I admit, I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding.'

''Well, my daughter is the future queen. I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories.'' Viserys reminded him.

''Where is the Queen? I had hoped to pay my respects.'' Jason offered looking down the table.

''I understand the Queen is still readying herself for the celebrations." Viserys informed him.

"This is why men wage war... because women would never be ready for the battle in time.'' Jason remarked with a chuckle

''Your presence is always such a pleasure, Lord Jason.'' Rhaenyra remarked stiffly.

+

"Fuck them, they want a war. We give them a war." Aislynn declared proudly. 

"I dont know Lynnie." Alicent corrected. 

"I do. She lied to your face and acts all high and mighty, got father sacked and Viserys didnt even believe Rhaenrya was telling the truth, we handle this. Show her who the real queen is." Aislynn declared. 

"I think I hate her." Alicent agreed. 

"Good, use that Queen boss energy." Aislynn agreed. "She is entitled and petty, lying, traitorous-"

"I get it." ALicent assured. 

"Show them who holds the power." 

+

''Your Grace, Princess Rhaenyra, congratulations are in order.'' Gerold remarked coming up to them.

''We are very honored to have you as a guest, Ser Gerold.'' Viserys agreed ''I must say, I was most distressed to hear of the Lady Rhea's tragic passing. I'm very sorry for your loss.''

''Lady Rhea was a unique character. Her kind... is not soon to be seen again.'' Gerold told him

''If there is anything the crown might do to aid House Royce...''

''Lord Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir, Ser Laenor Velaryon, the future king consort.'' Harrold announced as the drums beat.

''My Betrothed. My Betrothed.'' Laenor said happily.

"You look lovely this evening." Harwin remarked as he kissed Aislynns cheek. 

"Thank you. Its new." Aislynn remarked. 

"It looks the same green dress from last moon." Harwin offered looking her over again. 

"I can see how you would confuse them." Aislynn remarked. "That one has sleeves and this doesnt." Harwin nodded again. "Men and fashion." Aislynn offered breezily. "Silly."

"Would you like to take a seat?" Harwin offered nodding to a table. 

"Yes and many drinks." Aislynn agreed. Harwin went to get her a drink and she couldnt help but think his gaze lingered on Rhaenyra a little too long. Was this is attempt to make her jealous? It wasnt working, she was annoyed more than anything but jealous of Rhaenyra? Never.