98. Honeymoon Phase Never Faded

Aislynn quite liked being married this time around. The honeymoon phase never faded.

He put aside his kings guard cloaks and had never been happier for it.

She woke up beside criston and fell asleep next to him every night, there was no wonder about another woman, there was no doubt, there was only love and lots of it.

She loved that the boys already thought of him as daddy, that her brothers loved him, that they fit so perfectly. She had suspected when they were first wed, that their secrecy, their little game of scandal and hidden desire, which lets be honest was not hidden, her family knew, her boys knew, everyone she cared about already knew she loved him. It was just the rest of the world.

But now that everyone knew and everyone saw them, so openly in love she had wondered if their spark would fade, if their love would drift. But it didnt.

+

''By a man whose ambition has brought down on us calamity after calamity. My brother cares only for the history books. But what of the Velaryon line? Is it to be snuffed out, supplanted by the pups of House Strong? Driftmark is mine by all rights." Vaemond shouted. "And while I should like your support, I do not... need it. The winds have shifted. The crown has good reason... to take my side." Vaemond went on and Rhaenys let out a deep breath.

'' My cousin the King would have your tongue for this.''

''But it's not a king who sits the Iron Throne these days, good-sister. It's a queen.''

+

''Syrax brought a fresh clutch three eggs three eggs!'' Daemon exclaimed "place them in a North facing warming circle.' Daemon instructed

''At once my prince." They took the eggs from Daemon. "the maester brought this.... just arrived from the lady Baela on driftmark.' Daemon took the scroll as the two men walked away Daemon read it over slowly.

+

"Cammie Cole you get your cutie bootie over here!" Aislynn declared. "This is not a whore house missing you need clothes on!"

Cameron Cole was almost three years old and the little light that the capital needed. Criston loved being their father, offically being their father. He never strayed, why would he?

"Cammie," Criston scooped her up and she giggled out. "Naked in the castle, my oh my..."  Cammie just giggled and giggled. Aislynn rooted her hands on her hips

"Little miss needs a bath and she keeps running the halls naked." Aislynn remarked. "Can you do it my love?"

"Yes, I can." Criston agreed. "Maybe you pretend to listen to me." Criston whispered to Cammie.

"Okay, you two do that." Aislynn agreed. "I'm going to check on Emmett. He has been wandering again with Helaena I dont want him to be wandering alone yet."

"Good idea.' Criston agreed leaning over and pressing a kiss to her lips.

+

''Come on, Jace. Perhaps that's enough for this morning." Rhaenyra suggested.

''No, no. I-I want to keep going.'' Jace assured. ''Maester.'' He begged

''Guesi misenakson Aegon undas.'' Gerardys went on

''Aegon... ordered that the trees should be..." Jace pursed his lips in concentration ''...killed.''

''Felled.' Rhaenyra corrected

''It is a related word.' Jace offered hopefully.

''I don't expect you to learn High Valyrian in a day, Jace.'' Rhaenyra reminded him

''A king should honor the traditions of his forbears.'' Jace reminded her. They had not spoken a word to the hightower invaders in the past 6 years since Harwin passed and since Laenor passed and since Daemon and Rhaenyra wed. It seemed good, there was no contact, they lived their lives and Rhaenyra lived her own. Never once did she visit her dying father. Never once did she think about him.

''Well... unless you're planning to depose your own mother, you have plenty of time to study.'' Rhaenyra reminded him and Jace nodded as the door opened. "Leave us." Rhaenyra told them all as Daemon came in.

''Joffrey... come.'' Jace said extending a hand for him.

''He means to call into question Luke's legitimacy. And by extension Jace, and by extension my own claim to the throne''. Rhaenyra remarked appalled as Daemon passed off the scroll.

" Vaemond cares only about Driftmark and the Velaryon line. Not about our politics. Has he made common cause with Otto High tower yet?" Rhaenyra went on and Daemon tilted his head from side to side in contemplation.

''Hm, this is what I fear. Rhaenys has flown to court.'' Daemon agreed

''Surely, she cannot be planning to back him.''

''No. Whatever disagreements we may have had, she's not cruel... or stupid enough to do that.'' Daemon agreed

''Disagreements?''

''She believes we had her son killed so that we might marry.'' Daemon reminded her and Rhaenyra rolled her eyes.

''Yes... and yet, she's taken Baela to ward.'' Rhaenyra reminded him

''Yes. It is Laena's memory she honors. She has no love for us.'' Daemon reminded her. ''Has the vipers' venom spread so far?''

''Those vipers rule in my father's name. And my father..." Rhaenyra sighed. ''What choice do I have?''

''To King's Landing, then.'' Daemon agreed and he couldnt hide his smile, he wanted to go back, he wanted to see the girl that got away.