Poisoned

Mipha's POV:

"A Coven dinner... this is garbage" I adjusted the dress, cringing before Celeste came over and handed me a pair of white leggings to match the short gold dress I had on. I was also wearing gold flat as I adjusted my glasses and looked in the mirror.

"Mipha! Hunter's here!"
"Ok! I'll be out in a second!" I called back to Nini, pulling my hair back into a low ponytail and taking one last look at myself. My earrings didn't match, but... maybe no one will notice. I held my arm out, Celeste transforming into my staff and landing in my hand before I left my bedroom, closing the door and turning to see Hunter standing there with a blush flooding his face. He's so cute when he's flustered. 
"Oh, sweetheart your earrings-" Nini drew a spell circle, before my piercings changed to gold instead of the usual chrome black.

"You two ready?" they asked as Hunter cleared his throat and took my hand.
"You look... gorgeous... as always" he kissed my cheek, making me smile and giggle before Nini tapped my shoulder.
"Best leave Celeste here, now let's get going" we nodded as Hunter squeezed my hand as we began walking. He was wearing a white suit with gold accents to match my outfit, since we kinda came as a packaged deal to these events. The Golden Guard and The Silver Soldier were always together, everyone had grown to know that they were inseperable. If the Golden Guard was somewhere, you knew I wasn't too far away either. 

I was smiling as Hunter began to swing our arms back and forth, forcing giggles to escape me against my will as I loved how silly he was, trying to help with stimming as we walked through the halls with Nini. Luckily these dinner's were reserved for the Coven Heads, and the top witches in their covens, so there's only gonna be about 50 of us there. There's the 10 Coven Heads, plus myself and Kikimora. The Emperor never shows up to these, so Kikimora comes in his stead. But with the 12 of us, each Coven brings roughly the top 3 or 4 members of their respective covens. 
Felt weird that I too had to attend these, but like I said, Hunter and I are a bit of a packaged deal. The Emperor knows of our relationship, and to our surprise, he didn't care because it hasn't interfeared with our work, if anything it's made us work even better than before. 

We got to the dining hall, opening the door and seeing we were the last ones there. I felt embarrased about it, honestly... I took a little longer than I normally do to get ready.

"Finally, we can begin" Kikimora grumbled as we took our seats, Hunter and I were about to sit before Kikimora cleared her throat.
"Name tags, check the name tags! We aren't running a zoo!" I looked to Hunter, who rolled his eyes and swapped places with me. Once we sat down, the servants came out with the food, setting it on the tables. There was a table for us Coven Heads (plus me, I guess), and then a table for each coven. 

"Thank you all for coming today, as you know, being granted an invitation to this dinner is a marvelous honor-" I rolled my eyes, Hunter taking my hand under the table as we tried so hard to take Kikimora and her boring speech seriously. She rattled on and on about quality of performance, recruitment numbers, basically repeating her speal from the Coven heads meeting last week. So I tuned her out.

"So may we raise our glasses, and propose a toast to our great, powerful, and kind Emperor! By the Will of the Titan!"

"BY THE WILL OF THE TITAN!" We all replied before Hunter and I clinked our glasses together.

"Is this alchohol?" I nudged Nini, who shook their head.
"No, honey. It's just normal apple blood, not the hard stuff" they whispered back as I nodded and drank it. Everyone seemed to be drinking the entire glass in one go, so I did the same, letting out a small cough once I was done, as the drink almost went down the wrong pipe in my throat, nearly making me choke.
"You alright?" I nodded squeezing his hand as everyone began talking. We began to prepare our servings of food, putting things on our plates before I suddenly felt really sick to my stomach.