A Twist in Time & Mind

This was requested by the lovely nightbat20 as a prize for the Daily Trivia!

This is not canon, as I don't want to spoil the main story! But here we go!

Happy Reading!

Mipha's POV:

I groaned, rolling over in bed before opening my eyes when I reached over and found the other side of the bed missing it's usual occupant: my Husband.

"Hunter...?" I got up, grabbing my glasses and heading downstairs, seeing Hunter in the kitchen trying to cook.

"Oh! Morning! I was uh... making breakfast for you before work"
"Hunter your eggs are burning-"
"SHIT!" I laughed and covered my ears as he turned the stove off and tried to get the now burnt eggs out of the pan.

"How do you do this???" I couldn't stop myself from giggling while I went to him and helped him, putting the food in the garbage and swirling my finger, a new batch of eggs and bacon being prepped and starting to cook as he let out a long sigh and cleaned his hands off. 
"Well if you would just take Camila up on those cooking lessons you could probably do this no problem, darling~" I teased, quickly getting rid of some raw egg he somehow got on his cheek. 

He rolled his eyes, hugging me from behind he pressed his hands on my stomach, making the shape of a heart before he sighed, moving the heart down towards where my uterus would be. 
"When can you take the next test?" he nuzzled into my shoulder, making me frown and tear up. 

3 years... Hunter and I have been trying for a baby for 3 years. We've never even gotten a single positive. I blame myself, he blames himself. He thinks because he's a grimwalker he can't get me pregnant, but I think it might be me. Maybe I just can't carry. The doctors all say I'm fine, and that Hunter should be fine despite being a grimwalker. We just don't know whats going on.
I've gone through over 78 pregnancy tests. Every two weeks we do this, no matter where I am in my cycle. 

"I should be able to take one tomorrow, ok?" I felt him nod, pressing his hands into me before smiling and letting me go, kissing my cheek as I finished the food and put them onto plates. Hunter quickly ate his, needing to get to work. 

"Tell Grandpa I say Hi"
"I always do~" He kissed me, sucking on my lips before calling Waffles and leaving, locking the door behind him. I sighed, turning to clean everything up before Celeste came over and handed me a test.

"Cell-"
'try! please try!' she hooted, chittering and nuzzling my hand as I picked up the small package containting the test. 
"We go over this every week, Celeste... I have to get ready for work, alright?" she got sad, beginning to pout as I went back upstairs to our room and grabbed my usual blue tunic and pink leggings with the orange accents. I got changed, scooping my hair back and up into a ponytail before grabbing my messenger back. I eyed the test that I had set on the counter, before groaning and stuffing it in my bag.

"Cell! Let's go!" I called from the door, watching her hop along the ground before she started headbutting my ankle. 

'take test! take test! take test!' she screached, continuing to headbutt me as I shook my head.
"Alright, I'll walk" I picked her up, struggling to hold her as she squirmed before I slipped her into my messenger bag. She immediately poked her head out, the test in her beak and flying up to me, stopping me from leaving.

"Celeste! Don't make me put you in the cage!" she landed on my shoulder and began headbutting me again, that being the last straw as I took the test and put it back in my bag, putting Celeste in the cage and fastening it.