A Mother's Curse is a Daughter's Secret

This was requested by the lovely killer_beekepper as a prize for getting the Daily Trivia correct!
Woohooooo
I love these oneshot ideas so much, they give me life.

In this AU, Mipha developed the Owl Beast curse when she turned 16. She's hidden it from everyone except Hunter, who found out on a mission when Mipha forgot to bring elixer's. Mipha knows about Eda being her mother, as well as the curses origins, but hasn't met her yet for the sake of this oneshot.

Happy Reading~

Mipha's POV:

Another day, another bottle.

"Gross" I grimaced, grabbing my staff. Since I don't have a palisman, I have a staff like Hunter's with artificial magic. I dunno what's so 'artificial' about this magic. Magic can come from different sources, the gem on the staff produces it's own magic, simple as that.

I got my uniform on, putting my hair in a bun before smoothing what I could down and putting the helmet overtop. 
"Mipha! I need to go to the market tonight! I have to teach at Hexide today, the teacher got the common mold!" Nini called as I went into the living room, adjusting my armor and slipping my gloves on.

"Leave the list on the fridge, Hunter and I can do it after patrol" I gave them a smile. They returned the gesture before furrowing their brows and walking over, reaching for my neck and plucking a blue feather from my skin, making me flinch.

"Crafting again? Seriously, you've glued enough feathers onto you by accident you might as well be a bird by now" they teased, letting me laugh to hide how nervous I was. I didn't want them to know, they'd be crushed. They're already so worried about me...

"I'll be more careful" I shrugged, Nini surpressing a laugh and kissing my cheek.
"You say that every day, sweetheart... But I'm sure that mask you're making for the Coven Ball tonight will look lovely with how hard you've worked on it and your dress" I swallowed the lump in my throat, remembering the dress I asked Uncle Dari to make... every day I'd bring him feather's I'd 'found' during patrols, when in truth they were MY own feathers from the curse.

Surely I can't keep this secret forever... can I...?

I said my goodbyes, leaving the unit and being quick to run to the castle entrance to meet with Hunter. Today was just a patrol, the route was a simple one, heading to Hexide to do a small presentation on what kind of training and power we coven officials have in the Emperor's Coven. I had stocked up on elixer's, I had 10 bottles in my messenger bag, so HOPEFULLY I could get through the demonstration without gaining too many feathers.

"Meephs! Let's go!"
"Goldie we can't say our real names, remember?" I reminded him as he pulled me into a gap in the castle walls and lifted his mask, kissing me passionately.

"I know, sorry... Small slip up- I promise... Now let's get going, two hours of patrol, then good ol Hexide!" he smiled, putting his mask back in place and taking my hand. We started walking, patrolling the route and taking our time. We only had to break up 3 fights in town, 2 arrests made but we made good time. By time we got to the school, we still had an extra 30 minutes to just relax and get ready. They wanted the presentation to be in the field, less damage since Hunter and I tend to get a little carried away when sparring against each other. We both push each other in battles, but also just trying to have fun with each other. 

We were in a small lounge area, a meeting room of some sorts. I removed my helmet, breathing out slowly and blinking rapidly to clear any dust in my eyes. I couldn't see much without my glasses though, so everything was just blurry right now.
"Better drink an elixer babe, you've got feather's in your hair" he gently brushed some loose hairs from my face as I sighed and went rumaging through my bag, luckily I can tell what everything is in my bag without my sight. Autism does have SOME advantages. I sucked back an elixer, grimacing at the taste again. Hunter had gently undone my hair bun and tapped my shoulder, letting me give him the hair brush from my bag and start gently combing through the knots. I sighed, relaxing a bit as he kissed my head a few times before starting to put my hair back up, making sure all the baby hairs were held back. 

"You've gotten better at that" I shrugged, complimenting his hair styling skills. He's improved alot from when we first met. He likes doing my hair since he knows I like how it feels because he's so gentle and gives my scalp little massages. He kissed my head and let me put my helmet back on, just in time for a teacher to come in and tell us the students are ready.